3rd Ashes Test - Headingley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely. Out of interest if you have foakes in the team why would you not keep wicket with him? He is recognised as the best around

Bairstow did a decent job against Archer - and, might seem fussy, but Foakes is in for his batting and I want him to bat like an upper-order batsman. Wicketkeeper at number 7. Continuity.

Interesting to see Sam Curran batting at 3 for Surrey today. Be good to see if he can learn the position and do well up the order.
At last! I hope he can make a success of that position and eventually bring it to the test team. 75-80mph isn't enough to get him in the team as a bowler, but if he can learn how to be a 3, he solves a massive problem for us and provides someone else we can chuck the ball to for a few overs here and there.

At last! I hope he can make a success of that position and eventually bring it to the test team. 75-80mph isn't enough to get him in the team as a bowler, but if he can learn how to be a 3, he solves a massive problem for us and provides someone else we can chuck the ball to for a few overs here and there.

Out for 14 caught at deep square leg! Not sure hes got the hang of it yet :lol:

so iv a free 500 quid bet on the test, what you reckon, england?
i didnt see day 5 was jofra really that good/unplayable?
will headingly suit jofra like lords did?

Last edited:
My first Test Match as a kid was on the Western Terrace to watch the Windies, just remember loads of blokes walking in carrying huge cases of beer :lol:
Those were the days. Even when they restricted it to 4(?) cans each it wasn't too bad. Now they force you to buy beer in the ground at what £5-6 a pint? Bit of a piss take

highly unlikely he plays tbh its usually a minimum 5 day stand down for concussion

5 day would allow him to play though, given the time he missed in the game itself. Think they’ll push it myself, as he’s that important. And he’s the kind of player who’d want to be out there
Also if he plays those England odds will go up for the poster who’s doing the bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back