300k to 1 millon Brits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm. Shall I go on holiday to a country in lockdown where I will be confined to some shite hotel room, with fuck all to do all day and with the prospect of being stranded, or shall I stay at home ?
Difficult one like.

That's why my holiday was cancelled.

I suspect most stuck abroad are those with similar sheep attitudes, unfortunately actions have consequences and people need to take a bit of responsibility for their actions.
I have trip to USA booked for April 19th it's cost me well over 3K , as yet no refund, but there's no way I would consider going even if that dimwit over there lifted his restrictions.. I'd rather lose the money than risk catching the virus.

I was trying to explain why some people may have gone on holiday in spite of the virus, i.e they had booked a holiday and the travel company did not cancell.

My holiday was cancelled but even if it had not been I agree at the time it would have been stupid to go anyway.

I don't know what I would have done...the holiday was cancelled.

This place sometimes....

I was trying to explain why some people may have gone on holiday in spite of the virus, i.e they had booked a holiday and the travel company did not cancell.

My holiday was cancelled but even if it had not been I agree at the time it would have been stupid to go anyway.

This place sometimes....
If I misread your post I apologise , what I thought you said was "If my holiday had not been cancelled I would have had to go " ., if you think my response "why" warrants a "this board man " please enlighten me.

Last edited:
I suspect most stuck abroad are those with similar sheep attitudes, unfortunately actions have consequences and people need to take a bit of responsibility for their actions.

If I had gone on my holiday it would have been because I would not have been panicking about catching the virus but listening to the current government advice and making my own assessment of the risks versus the benefit of continuing with the holiday.

I presume these people did the same.

I’ve not ventured on the politics forum, how are they all?

Its grim, you need to wash more than just your hands...
Some of them will be backpackers, I know of a few in Peru who were off the grid for a bit, by the time they got to Lima the USA had closed its borders and they couldn't get home

Last edited:

This place sometimes....

So why would you have had to go? You are making no sense.

If you had a head that was capable of independent logical thought you wouldnt go, thats the point.

There are a load of people stuck in Aus who would have been on working holiday or temporary sponsored visas. Their work have let them go due to lockdowns etc and they won't qualify for any of the government support over there.

not able to get home -- what the hell have they been doing for the last 2 weeks or so ? They are obviously not just holiday makers
Young uns travelling the world constantly numbers tens of thousands on a permanent basis mate. If they now have no work on (as your initial money runs out quick when you are backpacking for a year or two) then they will be desperate to get back home.

Lackadaisical approach by package holiday companies. Mentioned in another thread that my Mam nearly got stuck in Cyprus as her flight home was cancelled and the holiday company were absolutely useless. She had the money and life skills to arrange her own way home. Other elderly people out there were just stranded as they didn't have the funds or know how to book a flight home.

Young uns travelling the world constantly numbers tens of thousands on a permanent basis mate. If they now have no work on (as your initial money runs out quick when you are backpacking for a year or two) then they will be desperate to get back home.

No doubt there are some genuine cases where for some reason they have not seen whats coming, they'll have to keep in and do their best for now.

So why would you have had to go? You are making no sense.

If you had a head that was capable of independent logical thought you wouldnt go, thats the point.

If you were worried about catching the virus or not being able to get back then where's the logic.

I would probably be safer in Tenerife than here at the moment and my ATOL and holiday insurance would cover me for any eventualities.

If you were worried about catching the virus or not being able to get back then where's the logic.

I would probably be safer in Tenerife than here at the moment and my ATOL and holiday insurance would cover me for any eventualities.

you seem obsessed with money mate

No doubt there are some genuine cases where for some reason they have not seen whats coming, they'll have to keep in and do their best for now.
Aye, true that mate
Lackadaisical approach by package holiday companies. Mentioned in another thread that my Mam nearly got stuck in Cyprus as her flight home was cancelled and the holiday company were absolutely useless. She had the money and life skills to arrange her own way home. Other elderly people out there were just stranded as they didn't have the funds or know how to book a flight home.
Not surprised Becs.
I am one who books his own trips.
I always book direct with the airline and the hotels.
You are in their hands.
All my hotels and flights up to April 30 have been refunded now- although Accor was hard work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back