300k to 1 millon Brits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why would ex pats come back ? If in eu countries anyway (imagine most are in Spain)
i live in France most of the year but came home once this kicked off and had no trouble getting back other than 1 cancelled flight at 11am so i had to get a 4pm flight its not like there was no warning people had plenty time to get back before every country went on lockdown - a vast majority are not stranded at all they have just now started to panic

gadgy on R4 who does the travel show reckons there are about 50k holidaymakers, short term travellers/workers and the rest are ex pats

not able to get home -- what the hell have they been doing for the last 2 weeks or so ? They are obviously not just holiday makers
.. Bairn's at Uni and staying in shared house with her mate from France who's stuck in Manchester.. Some on here seemsl to think every other country is having a cake walk ffs ..

not able to get home -- what the hell have they been doing for the last 2 weeks or so ? They are obviously not just holiday makers

That was my first thought but if my holiday company had not cancelled my trip to Tenerife on the 20th March I would have had no option but to go.

Last edited:
People were still flying out week before lockdown for their "holiday". A blind man on a galloping horse could see what was coming. Not saying this applies to all who are stuck but some have been a little silly.
I had this opinion but thought folk would think I would was being harsh. I’ve very little sympathy for them myself .

Of course you would have had a choice. Go or don’t go.

You are correct I would have willingly gone if they hadn't cancelled.......

but then things changed so I wouldn't have gone for the same reasons that they had to cancell, if you follow the logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back