30 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calderwood came right through the back of him in the first 5 mins and he could hardly run after that. That combined with the fact that we didn't turn up and you played well meant it was pretty one sided.

Honestly couldn't remember that.
Calderwood one of the best players I have seen at Swindon.
Norman in goal was immense that day. Said before on here your fans after defeat were simply first class.
For years after Always respected in these parts.

It was shite to be fair;)

As a trivial aside, you and your two year old lad were among the 12,760 hardy souls who attended the game that ended with us being 12th in the third flight and our lowest ever position in our history. Thank god for Marco!:cool:
I remember being in the main stand paddocks and he hit the post from a header at the Roker End, he then went onto score 2 in each of the next 3 games-me first hero!

I remember being in the main stand paddocks and he hit the post from a header at the Roker End, he then went onto score 2 in each of the next 3 games-me first hero!
Good memory that mind mate -I can’t remember hitting the bar. I recall his two at Fulham the following midweek. I’d been fortunate to watch Rowell at Washington training ground come through from junior level to be my first hero. Well, apart from big Vic Halom (everybdy’s Hero)

Marco Gabbiadini made his debut in a 0 2 home defeat to Chester. Not the best of starts however things got better and he became one of the best players I've seen in a Sunderland shirt. Wouldn't mind a player like Marco in the team now.

You've been going over 30 years and one of the best players you've seen play for SAFC is Marco Gabbiadini.......That says an awful lot that

Good memory that mind mate -I can’t remember hitting the bar. I recall his two at Fulham the following midweek. I’d been fortunate to watch Rowell at Washington training ground come through from junior level to be my first hero. Well, apart from big Vic Halom (everybdy’s Hero)
Can still picture it now, stooping header hitting the bottom of the post!?Aye bit before my time those two, Swindlehurst and Buchanan didn't have the same impact before Gabba's came along :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back