30 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco Gabbiadini made his debut in a 0 2 home defeat to Chester. Not the best of starts however things got better and he became one of the best players I've seen in a Sunderland shirt. Wouldn't mind a player like Marco in the team now.
Left on a free didn't he?

Jack Charlton definitely called him Gabbiadoony in the 1 1 at St James in the 1989/1990 season on the commentary.

Marco had just hit a beaut that Burridge tipped over at the Leazes iirc. Big Jack said something like "and Gabbiadoonydeeny cant believe it hasnt gone in". Happy memories.

Marco had just hit a beaut that Burridge tipped over at the Leazes iirc. Big Jack said something like "and Gabbiadoonydeeny cant believe it hasnt gone in". Happy memories.

Aye. Was at the game, happy days. We played them off the park that day.

The one player we feared at Wembley.
Apart from a decent run in the first 5 minutes he went missing after that.
He went over on his ankle was knackared for the rest of the game after that. To be fair thats the only thing i remember about the game.

Was my first ever hero in a red and white shirt, random but true story, my old man was driving past the stadium on his motorbike and Marco was there, ended up having an impromptu photo shoot on my old mans bike. I'll call him tonight to see if he's still got the photo's, if he has I'll upload them, they were all in black and white iirc
bollocks to that mate, tell him to get his boots and shoot off down Ipswich, should make the 2nd half

I remember not long after he signed me and my dad getting tickets from the Roker ticket office and saw Marco standing behind the counters talking to one of the ticket office lasses.

Me dad walked to the counter and asked for two tickets for Saturdays game and an autograph from Marco for me which he duly obliged.

I still have it in the house but I remembered him signing it Marco Gabbiadini yet when me and all my mates got one a few years later he was signing everything Marco Gabbs!!! Guess he got sick of signing his full name all the time

He went over on his ankle was knackared for the rest of the game after that. To be fair thats the only thing i remember about the game.

I can remember us being shite and the toilets overflowing with piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back