30 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco Gabbiadini made his debut in a 0 2 home defeat to Chester. Not the best of starts however things got better and he became one of the best players I've seen in a Sunderland shirt. Wouldn't mind a player like Marco in the team now.
Dream on

We haven't reached ground zero yet

It was shite to be fair;)

As a trivial aside, you and your two year old lad were among the 12,760 hardy souls who attended the game that ended with us being 12th in the third flight and our lowest ever position in our history. Thank god for Marco!:cool:

Records are made to be broken

Was a hero of mine as a kid cos he was good for us at the time, but looking back I don't think he was as good as some make out

Was my first ever hero in a red and white shirt, random but true story, my old man was driving past the stadium on his motorbike and Marco was there, ended up having an impromptu photo shoot on my old mans bike. I'll call him tonight to see if he's still got the photo's, if he has I'll upload them, they were all in black and white iirc

Willie McFaul went to town in a Ford Cortina, Saw some shìt and picked it up and called it Miirandina
Dennis Smith he went to town in a Lamborgini, Saw some gold and picked it up and called it Gabbiadini,
Ole Ole Ole Ole Marco Marco
Ole Ole Ole Ole Marco Marco

Marco Gabbiadini made his debut in a 0 2 home defeat to Chester. Not the best of starts however things got better and he became one of the best players I've seen in a Sunderland shirt. Wouldn't mind a player like Marco in the team now.

I worked with a lad in North Wales many years ago (1990/91 ish) who spotted me safc keyring an said he was a Sunderland supporter.
Asked if he was from there/family there etc and no connection. I asked why he supported Sunderland.

He said he travelled up to the away game with Chester and the away support and was just awe struck by the fans.

Last edited:
I've got the old VHS tape of that season. First away game at Fulham iirc and he scored and the commentator called him gabbadoni

Heard regularly was gabbadoni, gabbladoni, gabbibeery

It was the 80s and we were not so cosmopolitan in those days

I've got the old VHS tape of that season. First away game at Fulham iirc and he scored and the commentator called him gabbadoni

Heard regularly was gabbadoni, gabbladoni, gabbibeery

It was the 80s and we were not so cosmopolitan in those days

Jack Charlton definitely called him Gabbiadoony in the 1 1 at St James in the 1989/1990 season on the commentary.

The one player we feared at Wembley.
Apart from a decent run in the first 5 minutes he went missing after that.

Calderwood came right through the back of him in the first 5 mins and he could hardly run after that. That combined with the fact that we didn't turn up and you played well meant it was pretty one sided.

I remember the club brought out some souvenir magazine called Marco Goalo in 88/89ish. I've still got my signed copy at home somewhere.

Calderwood came right through the back of him in the first 5 mins and he could hardly run after that. That combined with the fact that we didn't turn up and you played well meant it was pretty one sided.
He fucked his ankle and could barely run.

Reactions: Nig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back