3 departures

Not this again :rolleyes:

Felt pretty balanced to me mate. Overall the current regime have come up trumps. Just got half an eye on who’ll be playing for us in 3-5 years which I also think is fair.

Obviously missed Carse from previous post who feels as close to a local lad as you can get without being born up here 👍

As far as i can see, there isn't another one

That is my thoughts as well but the poster I was responding too implied that he had scored 2 centuries this ( or technically last) season so all I asked is when he scored the other century this season and I am awaiting his response to satisfy my curiosity.

It was on the cards that Crawshaw and Doneathy would be on their way and from what I've seen of Whitfield this season in the 2nds I'm not really surprised he's gone either.

I know Mckinney has signed his first full contract, anyone know if any of the other rookie contracted players have got an up grade possibly Mackintosh.
Also anybody heard which of the academy players have been awarded their first rookie contract for 2024.

I know Mckinney has signed his first full contract, anyone know if any of the other rookie contracted players have got an up grade possibly Mackintosh.
Also anybody heard which of the academy players have been awarded their first rookie contract for 2024.
Not confirmed, but have heard Luke Robinson and Dan Hogg have been given "Rookie" contracts. Guessing Mitchell Killeen has been given another one(because he hasn't been released), not heard about Haydon Mustard.

Not confirmed, but have heard Luke Robinson and Dan Hogg have been given "Rookie" contracts. Guessing Mitchell Killeen has been given another one(because he hasn't been released), not heard about Haydon Mustard.
would have been a bit harsh on Killeen, think hes been injured for a lot of the season, Saw Dan Hogg down the riverside last week, hes f***ing massive close up

Id be amazed if mustard isnt, he's looked really promising when ive seen him and seemingly jumped ahead of mackintosh

Id be amazed if mustard isnt, he's looked really promising when ive seen him and seemingly jumped ahead of mackintosh
I assumed Mackintosh was injured. He was fantastic when he came into the first team and was averaging 50 with the bat for the second xi with a few tons. Shocking if he's been dropped for the son of an ex-player.
I assumed Mackintosh was injured. He was fantastic when he came into the first team and was averaging 50 with the bat for the second xi with a few tons. Shocking if he's been dropped for the son of an ex-player.

Not injured: looks like he was playing for Scotland in their European region World Cup qualifying.

Last edited:
7 of the 11 that finished the Leicestershire game were homegrown, with 3 more homegrowns away on international duty.

Not many counties go anywhere near that.
That's true of course but almost all of those homegrowns came through the academy system several years ago. It's a concern to me, and 2nd team performances confirm it, that no academy players have established themselves in the senior team since the North team took charge.

Back