3 days in New York May2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how ya do it really - if ya gonna ram a load of stuff in the NY Pass will def save you money (and time queuing for tickets)...and make sure to shop about online as you can get it cheaper with discounts and stuff. We paid £177 each for 5 days - so there's £354 to start, but it's worth it.

I think we probably spent a bit over a grand on top of that staying 5 nights.

Are you already booked?
No not yet.
The Mrs has got a big birthday next year so looking at places to take her.

No not yet.
The Mrs has got a big birthday next year so looking at places to take her.
Reet, well consider booking 5 nights - when I was looking I had 4 in my head to start with, but found that with a number of hotels they offer a discounted rate for 5 nights, so it gives you a bit more time when you're there. We arrived Sat afternoon, so had time to chuck our bags in and have a late afternoon/early evening dodge out to see a few sights. Left Thursday evening so had time to do Intrepid on the morning and stop for a last meal in Hell's Kitchen then she had a quick bit shop in Macy's ( :rolleyes: just a big Debenhams as far as I could see :p ) before heading home. Meant you had four full days & nights to enjoy in between.

Last edited:
First time there so doing the main tourist stuff.
Top of Rock,
Times Square
Central Park
High Line
Staten Island ferry
Maybe Ellis Island and the Sea, Air & Space museum

Any other “must do” or hidden gems that I should try to fit in.
Chelsea Market and Meat-Packing District worth a visit
Grimaldi's Pizza in Brooklyn
Ellen's Startdust Diner up by Times Square
The Happiest Hour (West Village)
Jimmys Bar SoHo (expensive but great views of downtown manhattan at night)

Reet, well consider booking 5 nights - when I was looking I had 4 in my head to start with, but found that with a number of hotels they offer a discounted rate for 5 nights, so it gives you a bit more time when you're there. We arrived Sat afternoon, so had time to chuck our bags in and have a late afternoon/early evening dodge out to see a few sights. Left Thursday evening so had time to do Intrepid on the morning and stop for a last meal in Hell's Kitchen then she had a quick bit shop in Macy's ( :rolleyes: just a big Debenhams as far as I could see :p ) before heading home. Meant you had four full days & nights to enjoy in between.
At least. Long way to go for a short time.

Me and the missus did Empire State Building at night time, queue was very short and the night time view was great
Same here.
We did day and night, but I preferred the night time, because it was far less busy.
Amazing view of the city, at night.

Lovely pictures. That massive skyscraper in the bottom pic (think it's condos on Park Ave) is a bloody eyesore though. I remember seeing it at night from Top of the Rock and thinking WTF. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
I realised I had seen it on a programme about skyscrapers with Rob Bell

because it so tall and thin and subject to the wind...they have left blank floors with no windows and no interior fitting out...just mesh so the wind can pass through it

you can see them in this pic, they are grouped in twos all the way up the building
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I realised I had seen it on a programme about skyscrapers with Rob Bell

because it so tall and thin and subject to the wind...they have left blank floors with no windows and no interior fitting out...just mesh so the wind can pass through it

you can see them in this pic, they are grouped in twos all the way up the building
Logon or register to see this image

Its not a good looking building

Do the Chelsea Hotel too - scene of where it all ended for Sid Vicious.

And pop over to Queens district and walk the streets the young Ramones would have done, if that's your thing - love anything like that, me.

That's who I went through. Good choice of hotels

This.
We booked with BA too and got a great deal
How much spending money would you generally need for 2 people for 4 days in NY ?
Bit of sight seeing, eating out, shopping etc.

I know everyone's different but just a very rough idea please

Book room only in your hotel.
There’s dozens of cheap deli places where you can get a huge breakfast for less than 5 dollars.

Last edited:
Sorry to dig out an old thread but just booked to go in May also, got a cracking deal with BA holidays.

With regards to going to see Yankees which areas are the best to sit between 50-$100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back