3 days in New York May2020

Nero the dog

Midfield
First time there so doing the main tourist stuff.
Top of Rock,
Times Square
Central Park
High Line
Staten Island ferry
Maybe Ellis Island and the Sea, Air & Space museum

Any other “must do” or hidden gems that I should try to fit in.

First time there so doing the main tourist stuff.
Top of Rock,
Times Square
Central Park
High Line
Staten Island ferry
Maybe Ellis Island and the Sea, Air & Space museum

Any other “must do” or hidden gems that I should try to fit in.

Instead of staten ferry, we did a boat tour on the Hudson / east river. 45 minutes long and sailed round under the bridges then up to and around liberty island.
Not expensive nor time consuming and a great way to see sights

We go once a year and always take in a Broadway show.

All box offices sell "rush" tickets from 10am for a fraction of face value

Me and the missus go Jan 15th for 5 nights then onto cancun for 7.. Bought the ''new york sight seeing Pass" that gives you all the attractions under one pass.. That was £320 for both of us. Just food and drink to be catered for really. All inclusive once we get to Mexico. Enjoy

You'll need more than three days, to see everything.
Depends on who you're going with.
If you're going with the missus, maybe go and see a couple of shows on Broadway (not my usual thing, but I really enjoyed the two shows I seen on Broadway)
Empire State Building.
One World Trade Centre (do ESB or/and WTC at day and night, for amazing views across the city)
Maybe a horse drawn carriage trip, around Central Park.
Ellis Island/Liberty Island
The Statue of Liberty, will have huge queues, so like most sites and attractions, best get there early.
Maybe a bit retail therapy (if with the Mrs) on 5th Avenue.
Grab a bite to eat, at the famous oyster bar, in Grand Central Terminal Building.
A walk across Brooklyn Bridge, is popular with tourists.

There's literally too much too see and do, in just three days, but whatever you see, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

You'll need more than three days, to see everything.
Depends on who you're going with.
If you're going with the missus, maybe go and see a couple of shows on Broadway (not my usual thing, but I really enjoyed the two shows I seen on Broadway)
Empire State Building.
One World Trade Centre (do ESB or/and WTC at day and night, for amazing views across the city)
Maybe a horse drawn carriage trip, around Central Park.
Ellis Island/Liberty Island
The Statue of Liberty, will have huge queues, so like most sites and attractions, best get there early.
Maybe a bit retail therapy (if with the Mrs) on 5th Avenue.
Grab a bite to eat, at the famous oyster bar, in Grand Central Terminal Building.
A walk across Brooklyn Bridge, is popular with tourists.

There's literally too much too see and do, in just three days, but whatever you see, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.
I know 3 days will only scratch the surface. We go to the US fairly often but the Mrs has always resisted going to New York, I’m hoping that she will want to go back again after being once.
We had planned on a show, she fancies Aladdin. She had also suggested the evening cruise for the views of the sky line. I’m lucky that she hates shopping, so that will save a few $$$

Last edited:
I know 3 days will only scratch the surface. We go to the US fairly often but the Mrs has always resisted going to New York, I’m hoping that she will want to go back again after being once.
We had planned on a show, she fancies Aladdin. She had also suggested the evening cruise for the views of the sky line. I’m lucky that she hates shopping, so that will save a few $$$
It seems like you have an itinerary, which will be a help.
Ì'd be amazed if she didn't want to go back to NYC, after she experiences it for the first time.
I had a list of the things I wanted to see (ESB, Statue of Liberty, Little Italy_China Town and WTC) and she wanted to see a couple of shows and hit the shops, and see Central Park
I really enjoyed it, and will go back again someday, hopefully, with a new girlfriend or missus.

You can buy theatre tickets online or get them cheap from a booth on Broadway.

Enjoy, and let us know how it went.

As mentioned earlier the boat trip around Manhattan Island is really good.

Whatever you do - write down your itinerary by the hour ( yes seriously ) and stick to it rigidly.

It’s so easy to get sidetracked and you ve not a lot of time.

Enjoy ,it’s a great city and watch the waistline - the portions are enormous.

If you're going to the statue of liberty, you need to book in advance to go any way up it.
if you go to the empire state building, pay the extra to skip the queues - no point wasting time for the sake of 20 quid extra.

saying that, take a bit of time to just enjoy the food and atmosphere - We did 3 days and theres nowt wrong with just wandering and experiencing the place.

and if there's some sports on, go. NHL, Baseball, anything. I've enjoyed all of them just for the experience

Last edited:
Me and the missus go Jan 15th for 5 nights then onto cancun for 7.. Bought the ''new york sight seeing Pass" that gives you all the attractions under one pass.. That was £320 for both of us. Just food and drink to be catered for really. All inclusive once we get to Mexico. Enjoy
:lol: :lol: Customs are going to be confused when they see you've brought a parker, a scarf, two pairs of gloves and a wooly hat to Cancun

Back