2nd XI - 2022

Most bizarre situation yesterday at Richmondshire. A wet outfield delayed the start of play to 12.30pm, when the two teams took to the field and played out the first session of the days play. Lunch was taken at 2.10pm at which point the Kent coach approached the umpires to say that he felt the outfield was unsafe and that the umpires would be at fault if someone got hurt. He explained his team would not be fielding on it. The umpires then took the decision to end the days play and not even give it a further chance to dry (although I think it was already dry!). Don't think I've ever seen anything like it - the weather was fair, and the pitch was fine.

Most bizarre situation yesterday at Richmondshire. A wet outfield delayed the start of play to 12.30pm, when the two teams took to the field and played out the first session of the days play. Lunch was taken at 2.10pm at which point the Kent coach approached the umpires to say that he felt the outfield was unsafe and that the umpires would be at fault if someone got hurt. He explained his team would not be fielding on it. The umpires then took the decision to end the days play and not even give it a further chance to dry (although I think it was already dry!). Don't think I've ever seen anything like it - the weather was fair, and the pitch was fine.
Rather bizarrely the game is officially drawn at 11:13 am with no play this morning 🤔

Sums up the farcical world of Second XI cricket these days.

Well if the coach refused that his team take the field he has effectively conceded the game. Even more bizarre given that his team weren't even fielding at the time.

The seconds start a 4 day game at Northern CC,Crosby today.It'll be interesting to see if any first team players are selected in preparation for the Derbyshire game next Monday 🤔

McKinney
Crawley
Bushnell
Whitfield
MacIntosh
Doneathy
Drissell
Killeen
Sowter
McAlindon
Salisbury
Gibson