2nd XI - 2022

Getting tap off Aneurin Donald who's a class act but missed last 2 season's through injury.
McAlinden's father is a news presenter on LookNorth. Very tall bloke,covers the NW region.
Hope this helps😊👍

Carse must be playing as a batsman only.

Good to see a lad called Killeen opening the bowling for Durham, I hope he makes it all the way to bowling for England - then I can boast about having faced an England bowler 🥴

Last edited:
No sight nor mention of Jack Campell,the tall left arm seamer,so far this season. He would offer some variation to the attack. Injured presumably?

No sight nor mention of Jack Campell,the tall left arm seamer,so far this season. He would offer some variation to the attack. Injured presumably?
He was on our table at the members’ evening (along with Luke Doneathy) and they were talking about the game at Hants, so it seems likely that he is injured? Both friendly and unassuming lads.

Maybe he was left out to accommodate Carse? Campbell is originally from Portsmouth so I’d have thought he would have been keen to play down there. But what do I know 😁

Maybe he was left out to accommodate Carse? Campbell is originally from Portsmouth so I’d have thought he would have been keen to play down there. But what do I know 😁
Maybe he is another player who does not fit into Frankies plans as he has to many bowlers.

aye, team

HM Crawshaw, B McKinney, G Clark*, JJ Bushnell, BA Carse, L Doneathy, TSS Mackintosh†, M Killeen, GS Drissell, MET Salisbury, S McAlindon, AJ Taylor-Clarke
I played with Johnny Bushnell right up to County Under 15 and also played with and against Doneathy to the same level. I also played with Mitchell Killeen, Neil's son, at Annfield Plain although he is a year or two younger than me.

Bushnell, Doneathy and Sol Bell - who is a year older than me - were standout players right through my junior age groups - I was at the DCB from aged 8. Bushnell just gone to Hartlepool due to the relegation of Sacriston. I heard that Sol was attracting the interest of Derbyshire and Kent, although don't know how accurate that is. Sol was the NEPL batsman/POTY last year? All canny lads and sometimes I see Sol and Johnny out in Durham on a Saturday night.

Last edited:

Back