2nd test v N.Zealand 10-14 June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres no misrepresentation of his stats :lol::lol:

Slagging off our coach after 1 test which he is won is also weird, by any consideraton

You just have a bizarre agenda with Bairstow for absolutely n reason at all
Dear me. I've no agenda against Bairstow. As I've said previously,I'd love him to be a great success. I repeat-I don't think he reads the match situation well,his overtly aggressive attitude isn't always the correct way. That's a personal view which you don't agree with.If the coach told him to play that the coach made a bad call. experienced test captains agreed with that.

Last edited:

Dear me. I've no agenda against Bairstow. As I've said previously,I'd love him to be a great success. I repeat-I don't think he reads the match situation well,his overtly aggressive attitude isn't always the correct way. That's a personal view which you don't agree with.

You clearly do, sayinf stuff like one 100 in 6 months n stuff, despite the fact thats all the test cricket we have had.

Brook suddenly left out of the Yorkshire squad tonight. Might mean something, might not...

Dobell said they might play extra batsman if Stokes fit

I dont agree with that at all mind

Also Foakes got a bang on the thumb, really hope he is fit as you deserve to back up a decent performance last game

I suspect its just cover, with few people with niggles needing fitness tests on the morning of the game

Dobell said they might play extra batsman if Stokes fit

I dont agree with that at all mind

Also Foakes got a bang on the thumb, really hope he is fit as you deserve to back up a decent performance last game

I suspect its just cover, with few people with niggles needing fitness tests on the morning of the game
What's happened to Stokes? Is he a doubt?

Athers reporting that it's up to medics if Leach plays and they're likely to err on the side of caution. Trent Bridge normally helpful to seamers so I'd bring in Harry Brook and leave the spin to Root.
We should do that more and look at the wicket before deciding to select a spinner or not.

If the spinner is just going to turn their arm over for a few overs as per last test, then Root more than capable of doing that.
McCullen is on record as saying he is not comfortable taking to the field without a frontline spinner in any circumstances. So would be a big surprise if something like this happened.
I get that but surely the quality of the actual spinner has to be taken into account.

Last edited:
We should do that more and look at the wicket before deciding to select a spinner or not.

If the spinner is just going to turn their arm over for a few overs as per last test, then Root more than capable of doing that.

I get that but surely the quality of the actual spinner has to be taken into account.

We have 2 decent spinners

Pope is the one mostly like to drop but I doubt it. I think he has this series v New Zealand to get a score.
Lowest average for any top 7 batter in tests for the last 2 years, over 10 tests and 49 players
Instead of Overton, is Sam Curran not fit enough to bowl 10-15 overs a day yet?

Last edited:
Well that’s a matter for debate, and if they only going to turn their arm over for a few overs on seamer friendly wickets as per last test.

Then it is certainly worth considering a all seam attack with Root to back it up or extra batsman.

As a number 11 only bowling a handful of overs can be a waste for any side it certainly was for New Zealand in the last test.

When we talk spinners, its worth mentioning that Lyon was nowhere near the finished article when he got his test debut - took him 2 years to really establish himself.
Leach hasnt been able to string that together for a number of reasons.

I’ll be surprised if a spinner bowls twenty overs in the upcoming test. I feel england will let root do that and bring in another batsman

Whenever we decide not to pick a spinner it doesn't work out. If Stokes can bowl there's no need for 4 quicks + Stokes.

any opinion on tom kohler cadmore as a batsman?

i like the lad but only seen him in t20 but he has talent

any opinion on tom kohler cadmore as a batsman?

i like the lad but only seen him in t20 but he has talent
I like him a lot especially in the white ball format. A good solid dependable batsman at this level. Has had his moments in the red ball game too but think he prioritises the limited overs these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back