2nd test v N.Zealand 10-14 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkside

Winger
Athers reporting that it's up to medics if Leach plays and they're likely to err on the side of caution. Trent Bridge normally helpful to seamers so I'd bring in Harry Brook and leave the spin to Root.

Athers reporting that it's up to medics if Leach plays and they're likely to err on the side of caution. Trent Bridge normally helpful to seamers so I'd bring in Harry Brook and leave the spin to Root.
TB very helpful for swing - if the conditions are right. It seems to range from a lot to none at all (of swing).

Last edited:
Don’t like that personally. Feels like more batting because others have failed. And leaves the bowling light. 3 main bowlers (2 in their mid late 30s), Stokes who can’t be over bowled and a very part time spinner

Said they may go this route the other day with root

Don’t like that personally. Feels like more batting because others have failed. And leaves the bowling light. 3 main bowlers (2 in their mid late 30s), Stokes who can’t be over bowled and a very part time spinner
The problem is that if Leach can't be risked they haven't got a containing spin option.Conditions are forecast to be overcast which at Trent Bridge normally means bowler friendly. The other option is 5 seamers which appears to be overkill. I'd rate Root as more than a very part time spinner.

The problem is that if Leach can't be risked they haven't got a containing spin option.Conditions are forecast to be overcast which at Trent Bridge normally means bowler friendly. The other option is 5 seamers which appears to be overkill. I'd rate Root as more than a very part time spinner.
It would be 4 seamers plus stokes tho. Parkinson deserves a shot for me, he’s not particularly expensive

Play Parkinson. We are touring Pakistan at the end of the year, we need to find alternative spin options to Leach

Watching an odi in pakistan currently. They have not used spin while I’ve watched and we are 27.2 overs in . The pitch looks a road

Play Parkinson. We are touring Pakistan at the end of the year, we need to find alternative spin options to Leach
All for giving Parki a chance but there's going to be little similarity between Trent Bridge and Pakistan pitches,above post respected.
Reading the pitch at Trent Bridge before final selection will be crucial. Broad should be able to do that accurately.

Last edited:
What will we get at Trent bridge? A pitch like the 7 for 30 odd or one that has both teams score over 400

i think we will get the former if McCullum and Stokes have a word with the groundsman

McCullen is on record as saying he is not comfortable taking to the field without a frontline spinner in any circumstances. So would be a big surprise if something like this happened.

What will we get at Trent bridge? A pitch like the 7 for 30 odd or one that has both teams score over 400

i think we will get the former if McCullum and Stokes have a word with the groundsman
There isn't a pitch in the country that can give this England line-up over 400 imo. Not against this attack anyway.

All for giving Parki a chance but there's going to be little similarity between Trent Bridge and Pakistan pitches,above post respected.
Reading the pitch at Trent Bridge before final selection will be crucial. Broad should be able to do that accurately.
Just didn’t like the 4/5 seamer approach last summer, when it goes flat you want a spinner taking most of the overs and Root never did that. He’s a part timer if not Parky then bring Moeen back or something but that won’t happen this series

There's never a reason for 5 seamers, if it's a greentop and 4 can't do the job what is the 5th adding?

Just didn’t like the 4/5 seamer approach last summer, when it goes flat you want a spinner taking most of the overs and Root never did that. He’s a part timer if not Parky then bring Moeen back or something but that won’t happen this series
Wholeheartedly agree. In fact, the more I think about it the more I'm inclined to include him regardless.Introduce him gradually to test match bowling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back