2nd test v N.Zealand 10-14 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hell of a catch just been taken in the pakistan windies match on skysports mix

one handed diving sideways

Second new ball to come with that tail. No chance for me.

For me, just the one change: Bairstow for Brooks. Dropped on principle for the brainless cricket we saw from him.

:lol: Christ man

Always bairstow. He’s our 2nd most in form batsman, and he was encouraged to attack 2nd innings

I bet you’ve never seen Brook play a red ball innings,

Don’t mean to be too critical. But in general is hilarious how bairstow just gets dropped like for absolutely no reason

2 100s in his last 4 tests

4 slip catches too

Last edited:
Pope is the one mostly like to drop but I doubt it. I think he has this series v New Zealand to get a score.

What will we get at Trent bridge? A pitch like the 7 for 30 odd or one that has both teams score over 400

i think we will get the former if McCullum and Stokes have a word with the groundsman
Is it really the pitch? From my memory when TB acts up it's swing and the pitch is or can be very flat as when the Indians played there a few years ago.

:lol: Christ man

Always bairstow. He’s our 2nd most in form batsman, and he was encouraged to attack 2nd innings

I bet you’ve never seen Brook play a red ball innings,

Don’t mean to be too critical. But in general is hilarious how bairstow just gets dropped like for absolutely no reason

2 100s in his last 4 tests

4 slip catches too
It's 2 100s and 10 failures in his last 12 inns to give a true perspective.
He was encouraged to attack in the last innings but that just shows that the coach is as brainless as he is. The commentators, all experienced test cricketers, were very critical of that display
Pretty sure that all the batsmen will get the whole series to prove themselves and rightly so.

Last edited:
Was he encouraged and by whom? Not seen that anywhere mind about bairstow

he should have batted in support of root as foakes did. Lords has a habit of flattening out as the game goes on.

to be clean bowled again from a ball he could have defended is not good but he was not the only one who did that

It's 2 100s and 10 failures in his last 12 inns to give a true perspective.
He was encouraged to attack in the last innings but that just shows that the coach is as brainless as he is. The commentators, all experienced test cricketers, were very critical of that display
Pretty sure that all the batsmen will get the whole series to prove themselves and rightly so.

So the coach after 1 test is “brainless”

Good to know

No that’s not a true perspective at all

What a bizarre agenda you have against the lad.

Good to know

Was a terrible shot from Bairstow like but he obviously shouldn’t be dropped, can’t really see there being any changes this series

Who's vice captain if Stokes isn't fit btw?

Speculation he's not fully fit after barely being involved in training today.

Be hilarious if Root back as captain after 1 test.

Last edited:

Haven’t named one

He said before series more likely to be a young player

Good to know

His action in that instant- that's the states view of respected commentators, two of whom were test captains.

His action in that instant- that's the states view of respected commentators, two of whom were test captains.

Canny mad calling our new coach brain dead after 1 test, which we won.

Also to pick and choose when a blokes 100s count is so strange, just the agenda against one player, I just dont get.

Foakes averages 16 in his last 8 tests

Pope hasnt scored a test 100 in 3 years

Lees averages 20

Whens the last time Ben Stokes scored a 100?

How about focusing on those issues instead constantly picking on the one bloke in form. Its just weird.

It is odd how bairstow is the perennial target. He's a very good white ball player. I think there's a case for saying he should play Tests unless when he plays T20's he then plays some red ball cricket to flip the switch from one format to another.
In general I think he's given a harder time than he deserves.

Also they’ll play Overton if stokes is dodgy

Personally if we go 4 seamers they get his Brother over and just tell him to bowl as quick as possible
It is odd how bairstow is the perennial target. He's a very good white ball player. I think there's a case for saying he should play Tests unless when he plays T20's he then plays some red ball cricket to flip the switch from one format to another.
In general I think he's given a harder time than he deserves.

Yeah that fair

He is targeted more than b any other, that’s why I defend him, not because I’m his biggest fan. I think he’s an ok test player, no more than that, but he’s done better than every batsman bar root and stokes in the last 10 years

Last edited:
Canny mad calling our new coach brain dead after 1 test, which we won.

Also to pick and choose when a blokes 100s count is so strange, just the agenda against one player, I just dont get.

Foakes averages 16 in his last 8 tests

Pope hasnt scored a test 100 in 3 years

Lees averages 20

Whens the last time Ben Stokes scored a 100?

How about focusing on those issues instead constantly picking on the one bloke in form. Its just weird.
Yeh, you find it weird,. I quote facts and a view that's backed by experienced test cricketers.
I responded to a misrepresentation of Bairstow's stats.

Yeh, you find it weird,. I quote facts and a view that's backed by experienced test cricketers.
I responded to a misrepresentation of Bairstow's stats.

Theres no misrepresentation of his stats :lol::lol:

Slagging off our coach after 1 test which he is won is also weird, by any consideraton

You just have a bizarre agenda with Bairstow for absolutely n reason at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back