22 years and 20 years

Our "society" has produced an increasing number of such examples ^.

I would say in this case it was a more sad inevitability then outright evil.

Stupid and naive estate rivalry that was ultimately going to end in tears. 2 people died but it was a drunken nightclub fight and 1 would have lived if they had sought medical attention.

But it was avoidable as there had been previous instances covered up by his notorious family and the community.

Still wasn’t as evil as this case in my opinion where they set out planned and premeditated to kill.

Thats way too soft an ending for me. Gives them an easy escape from what they have done.

Keep 'em locked up in a small cell day after day, year after year is my preference.
It's the easy cop out when some painful misery should be inflicted for what they've done to the victim & their family imo.

The discussion regarding the death penalty is a bit of a moot point in this case given that the two murderers were 15 at the time of the killing so minors in the eyes of the law.

True. But the bigger question is what’s reasonable for young offenders guilty of horrendous crimes. There was another case around here of a lad convicted of murder at 16 and out by his mid twenties.

I’m all for rehabilitation but Is that proportionate? I’d be amazed if these two aren’t out by their early 30’s.

That’s the problem with very young people killing very young people. They take away a massive amount of potential life from someone, whilst with standard sentences still getting out whilst very young with a lot of their own lives ahead of them for themselves.

Last edited:
True. But the bigger question is what’s reasonable for young offenders guilty of horrendous crimes. There was another case around here of a lad convicted of murder at 16 and out by his mid twenties.

I’m all for rehabilitation but Is that proportionate? I’d be amazed if these two aren’t out by their early 30’s.

That’s the problem with very young people killing very young people. They take away a massive amount of potential life from someone, whilst with standard sentences still getting out whilst very young with a lot of their own lives ahead of them for themselves.

It's an incredibly difficult and emotive subject. I suspect the nature of this case will mean that the girl is unlikely to be released before her time, if at all. A lot, obviously, depends on their behaviour whilst incarcerated.

Not going to happen.

Which returns us to "what is a life worth" & the effects a loss has on relatives.

Not going to happen.

Really? I’d be very surprised. Looking online there doesn’t appear to be a single teenager sentenced in this country who has served over 20 years for any crime.

They have been on remand since 15 so by mid thirties will have done the minimum. I’d also be surprised if being their ages their sentence isn’t reduced on appeal.

Not saying it should be but Crimes at 15 don’t usually result in 20 + year sentences. Even equally evil or similarly disturbing (I think if the case of the poor girl killed by a mob at a skatepark many years ago - Most of those will already be out).

If they are violent inside or show continued psychological tendencies of reoffending then I agree. If they don’t they will be out in their mid thirties.

Last edited:
It's an incredibly difficult and emotive subject. I suspect the nature of this case will mean that the girl is unlikely to be released before her time, if at all. A lot, obviously, depends on their behaviour whilst incarcerated.
Plus what the legals claim to the release authorities; think the Jamie Bulger case + others.

Well no society is perfect, but if you really want to execute kids move to Saudi Arabia and fill your boots.
You can marry one there anarl

Woeful argument. If you can't untangle the type of situation here from the offences that warrant the death penalty over there in an autocratic theocracy then it's probably best you bow out of this one. I'm undecided on the death penalty but this is feeble.

Woeful argument. If you can't untangle the type of situation here from the offences that warrant the death penalty over there in an autocratic theocracy then it's probably best you bow out of this one. I'm undecided on the death penalty but this is feeble.
Yet you giving Japan as an example is not woeful? Double standards right there.
But yeah, bored of this tedious right wing paradise argument again, so enjoy.

Yet you giving Japan as an example is not woeful? Double standards right there.
But yeah, bored of this tedious right wing paradise argument again, so enjoy.

You're presenting the idea that wanting Brianna's killers to be executed is symptomatic of some blood thirsty desire to gratuitously satisfy some kind of barbaric appetite. You're turning into a simplistic left v right flag waving contest.

My example of Japan was in response to you saying civilised countries don't execute. You're wrong.

Absolutely brutal. Scary to think she was done for as soon as she met up with the two of them - one of them she considered a friend.

The pair of them need indefinitely locking up. Scum.

RIP, they should never be free again IMO.

I see our PM was making an arsehole of himself on the trans subject in front of Brianna's Mam.

The discussion regarding the death penalty is a bit of a moot point in this case given that the two murderers were 15 at the time of the killing so minors in the eyes of the law.
The law would need to be changed anyway to re introduce the death penalty so it could encompass evil ‘minors’ like these two oxygen thieves

Back