21st October Stats

As I don't agree I just looked at the stats.
31.12 UK had 2.5m cases and 73.000 deaths. Now 8.5m cases and 140 000 deaths.
What curve is that ahead of?
Most of the deaths have come from decisions made in 2020. Vaccinations were done earlier protecting people earlier. We have opened up fully and got on with living whilst allowing the virus to spread in the summer months. What decisions would you have changed?

For the government, it's about money. For the rest of the UK citizens it's about freedom and not having basic rights taken away from them.

At the end of the day, this pandemic is going to be like a boomerang because modern day society in many countries has given so much entitlement to people in many things that they simply won't accept restrictions and have their liberties taken away.

Cases right now here in Spain are low but I I bet you within a month to 6 weeks we'll have another surge in cases because bars and restaurants are allowed to open at full capacity, football stadiums are allowed to open at full capacity albeit with masks, though, how can you ensure that thousands of people adhere to that? Pre and post match, streets and bars are packed with thousands of people unmasked, drunk, hugging and kissing each other.

That's where the problem lies. People blame governments etc but it's citizens who trigger things that have to be acted on.
It’s our governments lack of care that’s the worst, pounds before people. If three planes crashed a week to kill 700 people they stop flying. But buisnesd is more important than people

Of course.

Intensive care beds in Germany are around 30,000 with the possibility to go up to 35,000.
500,000 hospital beds in total.

UK has 164,000 hospital beds andaccording to Google. ICU 4,100 (for Adults) 5,900 if you include neonatal and children's beds.

No it's not. Stop lying.
If I go to pick up a parcel they'll ask for ID. That's about it.
Hospital bed data across Europe

The 7 day average rates for deaths were 3 figures in September quite a bit.

We have way more people that would now qualify for dying within 28 days of a positive test than then.

Even hospital admission figures are 14 days from a positive test, I calculated around a 30% increase of possible patients that can become a Covid stat in the last two weeks.

The only figure worth taking any notice of that has any credibility for me is patients on ventilation.

We had a 20 day spell with far less cases on average of over 1000 a day at the end of August through September.

They are on the increase again but it does make perfect sense from the other figures we are seeing.

Isn't this what people wanted? No more restrictions? No more going back.

The UK government has blown so much money on trying to combat this that they had no other option but to take away restrictions to try and get the economy going again.

On top of that, Boris probably knows that if he'd gone back on his word of not lifting restrictions, he'd have absolutely zero chance of winning the next election.
Not in my name.

Back