21st October Stats

The bairn class has had its first few days of full class, so things seem to be improving there. I'm quite positive on the numbers but maybe I'm ill judged, anyone have last years figures for similar cases to compare?

I read somewhere today that the bulk of the positive cases are in the under 20’s. I’m sure they saud it was mainly the 12 -16 age group. Would be good to get confirmation of where the bulk are as that will be what they will be basing decisions in in terms of what actions to take.
Johnson needs to get off his fat arse and ACT instead of being too little too late (again).
And what do you suggest he does ? Make mask wearing mandatory ? the non cinfirmers will still refuse to. Put us into lockdown and close husinesses again ? There will be absolute uproar especially from those who are complaining that he’s doing nothing. He can’t win no matter what he does or doesn’t do.

Last edited:
There currently 872 patients in intensive care. In Germany they have 1541. We appear to weathering this storm quite well.
How many of todays 52,000 cases are ill or in hospital. For balance, Jauary 2019 flu deaths were horrific.
How dare you bring seemingly positive news to this thread.

People only look at case numbers and shit themselves on here.
Nearly everyone I now has now had it...2 days to a week off. All fully recovered. THEY ARE CASES!

Last edited:
Wife tested positive for second time today, double jabbed too. She's had 5 kids in her class and her TA test positive this week. She was quite poorly last time, but it's just flu like now with no cough.

I read somewhere today that the bulk of the positive cases are in the under 20’s. I’m sure they saud it was mainly the 12 -16 age group. Would be good to get confirmation of where the bulk are as that will be what they will be basing decisions in in terms of what actions to take.

And what do you suggest he does ? Make mask wearing mandatory ? the non cinfirmers will still refuse to. Put us into lockdown and close husinesses again ? There will be absolute uproar especially from those who are complaining that he’s doing nothing. He can’t win no matter what he does or doesn’t do.
So you are happy to accept over 139,000 deaths?

What do we do about the NHS? Cornwall has declared a major incident after having 125 people waiting to be seen, 25 of whom were outside in ambulances, in an emergency department with a design capacity of 40.

That to me, is unsustainable and we need to move back to mask wearing, curb major events and work from home for those that can.

There currently 872 patients in intensive care. In Germany they have 1541. We appear to weathering this storm quite well.
I don't think other countries are as Pro active as us at labelling cases, admittedly I havnt paid a lot of attention to it since the initial outbreak so that may not be actually true.

I know the cases look bad but to me it shows the vaccine is holding up. Which is good considering we fully open more or less.

If we can get the boosters rolled out, hopefully any restrictions will be limited.

I bet the media outlets are absolutely buzzing they can finally run with the 50k headline.

So you are happy to accept over 139,000 deaths?

What do we do about the NHS? Cornwall has declared a major incident after having 125 people waiting to be seen, 25 of whom were outside in ambulances, in an emergency department with a design capacity of 40.

That to me, is unsustainable and we need to move back to mask wearing, curb major events and work from home for those that can.
I think anyone who wants to can stop in the house. Me, I’m off to a gig.

Johnson needs to get off his fat arse and ACT instead of being too little too late (again).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good post.
Vaccines still working well. These 3rd jabs and doing the teens will only help further.
We need to stop reporting number of cases. It's meaningless. 5k, 50k, 500k..
Who cares as long as deaths stay low.

Last edited:
Don’t forget there is a lag on ~ 20 days for the deaths to follow cases.

So we need to look at the 1st October cases for todays deaths. 35k cases, 115 deaths. Obviously a sad number of deaths, as is any number. But the jab for sure is doing its job of minimising death from covid.

Back