20th January Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hells going on??!
I only pop in this forum sporadically as it's a bit depressing. But was hoping to see the numbers had gone down. :(

You're probably right and I know this lockdown isn't as being taken as seriously as the first etc. But it's mind boggling that cases at a certain point don't just drop off a cliff completely. In a few weeks, how will so many people still be testing positive every day.
Schools cant really be blamed anymore. Sadly its due to certain employers not looking after their staff but in the main, mass non compliance of rules People flat out refusing to keep out of other peoples houses and cars. Imo.

You're probably right and I know this lockdown isn't as being taken as seriously as the first etc. But it's mind boggling that cases at a certain point don't just drop off a cliff completely. In a few weeks, how will so many people still be testing positive every day.

The cases are dropping rapidly. I'm not quite sure what constitutes 'off a cluff' but the cases are falling sharply.

Just to compare Uk with todays figures for some other European nations and populations to nearest million.
UK 1820 deaths - 66 million
Germany 423 deaths - 84 million
Poland 219 deaths - 38 million
Sweden 31 deaths - 10 million
Russia 597 deaths - 145 million
Ukraine 212 deaths - 43 million.

We are on a different level to anything on the planet🤔🤔🤔
A lot of our 1820 is backdated data.
Can't really compare countries cos of different definitions of a covid death across different countries.
Excess deaths would be a better comparison.

Last edited:
[
A lot of our 1820 is backdated data.
Can't really compare countries cos of different definitions of a covid death across different countries.
Excess deaths would be a better comparison.
I know what your saying but the figures are always ridiculously high for UK compared to anywhere else whether relatively or absolutely. Even against countries with no lockdown or lighter restrictions

Just to compare Uk with todays figures for some other European nations and populations to nearest million.
UK 1820 deaths - 66 million
Germany 423 deaths - 84 million
Poland 219 deaths - 38 million
Sweden 31 deaths - 10 million
Russia 597 deaths - 145 million
Ukraine 212 deaths - 43 million.

We are on a different level to anything on the planet🤔🤔🤔
I just don't believe we are way worse then other countries, I really don't.

I can. As said above we have a greater share of idiots than anyone in Europe.
Eire has this strain and even if you times them by 11 we don't even get close.
Two weeks ago Ireland had more cases than us for the first time since the start of this - apparently caused by young 'uns taking no notice of the guidelines.

Wasn't too long ago that a 2500-strong Rave was broken up in France (or possibly Spain, I can't remember for certain).

Large outbreaks in Portugal were put down to people attending large-scale parties.

We're not the only European country with a large proportion of idiots - we just hear more about our own than we do of theirs.

Two weeks ago Ireland had more cases than us for the first time since the start of this - apparently caused by young 'uns taking no notice of the guidelines.

Wasn't too long ago that a 2500-strong Rave was broken up in France (or possibly Spain, I can't remember for certain).

Large outbreaks in Portugal were put down to people attending large-scale parties.

We're not the only European country with a large proportion of idiots - we just hear more about our own than we do of theirs.
Ireland opened up for Xmas, a dumb move which seems to be getting under control very quickly.
They have implemented a proper lockdown not a half arsed one.

I disagree jap. Pound for pound we are world beating when it comes to breeding morons.
( USA exc)

Last edited:
Johnson saying earlier he was looking forward to working with joe Biden in leading the global covid response ;) ;)
Speechless....
Even though I detest BJ and think he's been shite on the coronavirus - he's still been miles better than Trump. And having an evil prick pretending it doesn't exist just doesn't help a worldwide pandemic.

If Norway have had 33 deaths of older people after having the Vaccine from their care homes. Therefore, If we have vaccinated 1000s of the over 80s and often very vulnerable..... Is there anyone reporting deaths after having the Vaccine in any setting here?
I personally know of one 93 former bowling club member with stage 4 liver cancer ... he died just 2 days before going for his second jab.... Maybe the vaccine is not suitable for such ill people or maybe many are venturing outdoors for the first time in months among other people . Just summat to bear in mind with the rise in numbers.

If Norway have had 33 deaths of older people after having the Vaccine from their care homes. Therefore, If we have vaccinated 1000s of the over 80s and often very vulnerable..... Is there anyone reporting deaths after having the Vaccine in any setting here?
I personally know of one 93 former bowling club member with stage 4 liver cancer ... he died just 2 days before going for his second jab.... Maybe the vaccine is not suitable for such ill people or maybe many are venturing outdoors for the first time in months among other people . Just summat to bear in mind with the rise in numbers.
To be fair, his days were numbered.

Johnson saying earlier he was looking forward to working with joe Biden in leading the global covid response ;) ;)
Speechless....

There is a 2/4 week lag between a cases confirmed through hospitalisation and unfortunately death
Aye that picture of him watching the inauguration 🤢

I disagree jap. Pound for pound we are world beating when it comes to breeding morons.
( USA exc)
I agree that we seem to have a 'chav' 'underclass' who revel in creating havoc and misery for others - we have a family who moved in behind us several years ago now and they are a catalyst for all the bad stuff that happens where we live. The sh!te that attracts the flies, as it were.

An old friend summed it up years ago in his own inimitable way when he said "You know what the problem with the sh!te is? It breeds faster than us normal people because it doesn't care. The b@st@rds'll end up swamping the rest of us eventually".

While we may be up at the top end of the table for producing sh!te, we are by no means alone in Europe for it- as I said before, we just see the stuff reported by our media and they tend to focus on the 'home front' rather than highlight similar issues abroad. My brother lives in Ireland and they have more than their fair share of knackers over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back