20th January Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a country, we have the highest proportion of people willing to be vaccinated in the world. Our rates of support for measures like working from home, closing schools and quarantining anyone who has been in contact with a confirmed case are among the highest in the world. Every time we have locked down more heavily, the majority of the country have been in favour of it, and have consistently supported tougher measures being introduced.

What we don't have is decent support structures in place. We've not looked into those people working on the lowest paid jobs who can't afford to isolate, or the single-adult households who have to leave go shopping because they have no-one else to do it for them. It's fuck all to do with us having more idiots than anywhere else.
And yet in my town which had 15 deaths yesterday alone you can witness gangs off youths hanging around as usual, idiots a plenty still going in to shops unmasked and unclean, pop in to the town centre and see many chatting and mixing with each other without any precautions.

I agree with the points you made but this also goes on, however maybe my town is an isolated case and the rest of England is different ?

And yet in my town which had 15 deaths yesterday alone you can witness gangs off youths hanging around as usual, idiots a plenty still going in to shops unmasked and unclean, pop in to the town centre and see many chatting and mixing with each other without any precautions.

I agree with the points you made but this also goes on, however maybe my town is an isolated case and the rest of England is different ?

That's a fair enough response, and to be fair, I don't know what people are seeing in their own town. There is definitely a decent chunk of the population who are idiots and who deserve to take some responsibility for this. I'd also say as well that I understand why people get upset, it's very easy to spot people not breaking the rules, we probably see at least one person every time we go out the house who is. It annoys me too, especially when I'm doing my best to stick what I've been told. But it's really important that, as a country, we also understand that there's a lot more people out there who would want to follow the rules, but can't because of their circumstances. Unfortunately, our government has not done it's best to protect these people.

That's a fair enough response, and to be fair, I don't know what people are seeing in their own town. There is definitely a decent chunk of the population who are idiots and who deserve to take some responsibility for this. I'd also say as well that I understand why people get upset, it's very easy to spot people not breaking the rules, we probably see at least one person every time we go out the house who is. It annoys me too, especially when I'm doing my best to stick what I've been told. But it's really important that, as a country, we also understand that there's a lot more people out there who would want to follow the rules, but can't because of their circumstances. Unfortunately, our government has not done it's best to protect these people.
The one I missed is work places, chunky and others have given experiences of companies taking the piss regards to safety and distancing requirements, not one company has been investigated though but I wonder if me and you went around a few construction sites to see the reality of non mask wearing and no social distancing what we would find ?

The police and authorities know they don't have the manpower to police this country so instead the government come up with crap like ' we love our freedom '

Going to be very hard to measure as other things like car fatalities are down.. but is suicide up.
So many variables.. people missing out on ops etc etc

I haven’t seen any official figures but know from personal experience that we are dealing with more suicides than normal and the age of those seems to be getting lower.

Our society is slowly being broken. The underclass are on a different level to any other generation.

The majority of people have stuck to the rules more obediently than anyone thought. Yes, there is a small group of arseholes who don't pay attention to the rules, but this is a less a modern Britain problem, and more of a human beings problem. And as I've outlined, there's a group of people who, because of circumstances and lack of support, can't follow the rules.

I don’t envy you having to deal with that :( look after yourself too.

Cheers, it’s the younger ones who need looking after, some of them have been to more sudden deaths and suicides in their first year than they should have done in the first five or six years. Plus in the past we as supervisors would have taken them out for a couple of beers and let them destress from it, we can’t do that at the minute obviously so these officers go home and end up dealing with it themselves, probably through drink but alone.

Cheers, it’s the younger ones who need looking after, some of them have been to more sudden deaths and suicides in their first year than they should have done in the first five or six years. Plus in the past we as supervisors would have taken them out for a couple of beers and let them destress from it, we can’t do that at the minute obviously so these officers go home and end up dealing with it themselves, probably through drink but alone.

Being a tough owd bugger , this situation isn’t effecting me at all mentally so I m keeping a special watch on the youngsters in the office and reaching out to them.

It’s nice to know they really appreciate it and I ve become a bit of a mentor champion for them in these terrible times.

Reactions: ATS
Being a tough owd bugger , this situation isn’t effecting me at all mentally so I m keeping a special watch on the youngsters in the office and reaching out to them.

It’s nice to know they really appreciate it and I ve become a bit of a mentor champion for them in these terrible times.

Good stuff. The police have been behind the game for years in this sort of stuff. It’s much better now but there is still a long way to go.

When I was a bairn I did work experience at Ryhope Hospital with the porters. Would move the old dears to the mortuary at the top of the bank out the doors after they passed away. Seeing all the old folks after they had peacefully passed away had a big impact on a young squirrel - and took a long time to have peace with it.

I can't imagine what the sight of a tragic, violent death would have on a younger impressionable person - and how you deal and cope with it.

You got nothing but respect from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back