Never seen so many landlords gathered in one place

Not even a thread about rental properties

SMB. Living the Tory dream
welcome my pretties. I am looking at Pallion properties.
There’s a property someone I know is renting currently, upstairs flat with stairs leading down to the back door/yard in which the walls are full of damp. Basically black mould from floor to ceiling.

Landlords fix was an electric heater at the top of the stairs, when imo it should have been at the bottom (heat rises), he told them to leave it on, they said as it would cost a fortune to leave on would he chip in towards the electric via reduction in the astronomical rent. Landlord refused, so heater isn’t getting switched on, damp getting worse. Landlord costing himself more in the long run and doesent care about the self inflicted damage to his own property.

Silly, greedy, thick twat.
horrible people them. no guilt. should be locked up.

Last edited:
If you did that on Saturday you would wake up zero.
Just because he's favourite doesn't mean he will win.
Insiders ain't going for him as a very that's for sure.
I think he's an absolute good thing personally.

I saw Paul Keeley on the racing post saying he's the lay of the festival, and then 10 seconds later said I think he will win 😅

You’d literally be contributing to making it even more fucked.

So yes it would be your fault.

Not necessarily. If I was offering an actual affordable rent which enabled people to save whilst having somewhere to live, I'd be doing more than the government, but hey ho.
There’s a property someone I know is renting currently, upstairs flat with stairs leading down to the back door/yard in which the walls are full of damp. Basically black mould from floor to ceiling.

Landlords fix was an electric heater at the top of the stairs, when imo it should have been at the bottom (heat rises), he told them to leave it on, they said as it would cost a fortune to leave on would he chip in towards the electric via reduction in the astronomical rent. Landlord refused, so heater isn’t getting switched on, damp getting worse. Landlord costing himself more in the long run and doesent care about the self inflicted damage to his own property.

Silly, greedy, thick twat.

That's disgusting. I have absolutely no time at all for scum landlords.

Maybe I'm rare in a person who feels their property should be treated with respect or say respect a property I've rented out too.
I don't get why anyone would
A) trash somewhere they're living
B) not look after a property which they have people living in.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. If I was offering an actual affordable rent which enabled people to save whilst having somewhere to live, I'd be doing more than the government, but hey ho.

That's disgusting. I have absolutely no time at all for scum landlords.

Maybe I'm rare in a person who feels their property should be treated with respect or say respect a property I've rented out too.
I don't get why anyone would
A) trash somewhere they're living
B) not look after a property which they have people living in.
They keep the flat spotless too, just the landlord doesn't care about his own place getting worse with damp. Must have money to burn in the long run.

Buy to let has helped ruin parts of Sunderland. Pallion and Hendon are two areas.

Since I follow a few finance accounts on Insta the algorithm sends me loads of 25 year old wannabe wealth gurus on there. Noticed several of them specifically talk about leveraging your house in the south to buy BTL’s in the North east and let them to the DSS.

I know they’ll be loads of shite but there’s probably loads of speculators from outside the area who couldn’t give a flying fuck about the tennents or community.

There should be something in place to stop carpet baggers, like extra 2% stamp duty if your residential address is more that 50 miles away

Since I follow a few finance accounts on Insta the algorithm sends me loads of 25 year old wannabe wealth gurus on there. Noticed several of them specifically talk about leveraging your house in the south to buy BTL’s in the North east and let them to the DSS.

I know they’ll be loads of shite but there’s probably loads of speculators from outside the area who couldn’t give a flying fuck about the tennents or community.

There should be something in place to stop carpet baggers, like extra 2% stamp duty if your residential address is more that 50 miles away

Hendon is turning it around a bit. I used to work with Back On The Map a bit before 2010 and they're good people.

That's a massive generalisation of the rental market tbf...there are people who rent pretty high end properties because they're only going to be somewhere in the short to medium term and buying doesn't make sense for them, you wouldn't expect there to be social housing for those people who live in "executive" rentals would you? Then you've got holiday lets...who doesn't love a weekend in a rural cottage?
There has always been good quality housing available to rent, for people in the situation you mention, working away for a short time and for students etc, usually their parents home they inherited or possibly even a second home, yes people even bought second homes as investments pre 1979, but not on the scale they do nowadays, where people buy houses under the guise of topping up their pensions, people who buy property portfolios, obtaining dozens of houses in run down areas of the UK, never to visit the place or meet the tenants of said properties. It is immoral, has got out of control, and is fundamentally the one thing that has defined wealth inequality in the UK since Thatcher. Our grandchildren will feel the full force of this in years to come, as the gap between the haves and have nots widens.

The best thing a Labour gov could do to stimulate the economy would be to announce the building of a million council houses, but they won't, because most politicians are on the housing gravy train themselves, and to do that would see the amount of tenants shrink significantly, therefore hitting them in the pocket.

Back