2024 Holidays

Three weeks into my winter holiday. Been in Malaysia and northern Thailand. Took a boat down the Mekong to Luang Prabang in Laos, where I am now in an £8-a-night guesthouse. From here to Vietnam, Cambodia, Bangkok, and a stopover in Doha on the way back to UK in March.

So far have bumped into two Mags, no Mackems yet.
Lucky kernt.

Update on my previous post.

Had a great time in Cyprus over new year.

No longer going to Plymouth in April, but I am now going to Manchester in March as TransPennine Express had a £1 sale.

Norwegian fjords cruise in early May. Hopefully a trip to London a few weeks later for the playoff final, but looking less likely these days...

Another cruise to France and Spain in late June/early July, followed immediately by a short start in Edinburgh for a mate's civil partnership.

Back in Edinburgh in early August for the Fringe.

Wedding in Brecon in late September.

Possibly Cyprus in early December.

Been
Costa Rica. Pura vida and ace this time of year. May well go back in 2025. Might try Portugal in summer....ive never been

Booked Turkey for 9 nights in May. Then hopefully a few nights in the lakes towards end of September.

Looking to book into a 5 star all inclusive hotel in Turkey. This would be our fourth visit. We go with family and grandkids. Same holiday this year is £2k more than last year for ten nights.
That’s a big increase and it’s nearly sold out.
Hotel we've just booked was same we booked just before covid and it got cancelled.

Paid 50% less for 2 weeks 4 years ago compared to 9nights this time. Crazy

Just come back from the Maldives. Not usually our kind of holiday, usually like to do something a bit more active but it was absolutely fantastic, just what we needed.

Was looking to go away for Easter but flights are quite expensive and accommodation in the uk is too. Will probably leave it.

Got Madeira for a week in July with family then Japan planned for November

2 weeks booked in April. Back to my old home in Wilmington NC, cheap flights and a mate is putting me up. A bit of sun, lots of beer and plenty of golf.
did a trip down east coast few years back, its a canny place for a night out. did a trip down the river which was shit, I'd rather go on a safari trip round Thorney Close.
Did visit the battleship though, now that was good.

Las Vegas with the guys early March for the season opening Aussie rugby league double header at Raiders stadium.
Lagos, Algarve in August for the wife's (no) suntan top up.

Looking to book into a 5 star all inclusive hotel in Turkey. This would be our fourth visit. We go with family and grandkids. Same holiday this year is £2k more than last year for ten nights.
That’s a big increase and it’s nearly sold out.
Turkey has gotten right expensive

Back