2022 Cycling Thread

Well apart from size of frame that's me out ;)

Seriously though it's now a must for my "best bike" and when I move from winter bikes etc to summer bike the shifting is fantastic.
Talk about 105 DI2 being released shortly.
TBH the gear shifting is as expected for Shimano Ultegra. Fantastic!

TBH the gear shifting is as expected for Shimano Ultegra. Fantastic!
used to have mechanical Ultergra but the precision every time on Di2 is fantastic.
Downside is not as robust, doesn't take much of a knock to fuck it up and of course replacement parts are expensive, even before the current Shimao price hikes.

😂
😂😂
just bought 2 new bikes, will leave them at the caravan once the season starts again, everyone wear helmets then? i cant bring myself to buy one 😂, never had one when i was a bairn so wont need one now
Yes I wear a helmet. Probably saved me from serious injury when I came off at 25mph.

😂
😂😂
just bought 2 new bikes, will leave them at the caravan once the season starts again, everyone wear helmets then? i cant bring myself to buy one 😂, never had one when i was a bairn so wont need one now

I never had one either but have one now and don't let my daughter out on her bike without it

Unfortunately people only want to wear one once it's too late and your brain is on the road

Yes I wear a helmet. Probably saved me from serious injury when I came off at 25mph.
Always worn one, my accident in October when my head ended up smashing the drivers windscreen probably saved me from serious injury if not worse.
Not just on high speed or collisions with cars either, some innocuous "topples" can just as easily cause head damage.

I’d done quite a bit of riding over the summer for a couple of events I did and didn’t want to lose it all over the winter so I bit the bullet and got a Kickr and Zwift. Wish I’d done it sooner.

I can easily do 150km a week now, whereas I’d sometimes not get out for a couple of weeks at all if the weather was shit. Having structured workouts helps a lot as well.
Plan to do C2C in a day once the weather improves. Got a duathlon in April so probably look to use that fitness and do it early may when there’s enough light in the day.
A nice little ride out with the family, quite sunny and warm.

Predictions

Giro d'Italia:
Tour de France:
Vuelta a España:

Giro - Pidcock.
Tour - Pogacar.
Vuelta - Carapaz.

Think Cav will take green at the tour before retiring.

Last edited:
I’d done quite a bit of riding over the summer for a couple of events I did and didn’t want to lose it all over the winter so I bit the bullet and got a Kickr and Zwift. Wish I’d done it sooner.

I can easily do 150km a week now, whereas I’d sometimes not get out for a couple of weeks at all if the weather was shit. Having structured workouts helps a lot as well.
Plan to do C2C in a day once the weather improves. Got a duathlon in April so probably look to use that fitness and do it early may when there’s enough light in the day.

Giro - Pidcock.
Tour - Pogacar.
Vuelta - Carapaz.

Think Cav will take green at the tour before retiring.
:lol: :lol:

not guaranteed he'll ride the tour this year (or again?). he only made the team because of injury to sam bennett, who did quick-step replace him with for 22?

It’ll be interesting to see who they take as their sprinter. As you say he was never meant to go last year, but their main sprinter has gone back to Bora and it’ll be a tough decision to leave out the green jersey holder.

It’ll be interesting to see who they take as their sprinter. As you say he was never meant to go last year, but their main sprinter has gone back to Bora and it’ll be a tough decision to leave out the green jersey holder.
Jakobsen...would have been their choice last year but for his horrific crash

Jakobsen...would have been their choice last year but for his horrific crash

I meant interesting whether they take Cav or Jakobson. You’d think Jakobson considering he was supposed to go, but it’s like picking a striker cos your first choice is injured, them getting a hatrick then dropping them.

I meant interesting whether they take Cav or Jakobson. You’d think Jakobson considering he was supposed to go, but it’s like picking a striker cos your first choice is injured, them getting a hatrick then dropping them.
Lefevre has said all along that it's Jakobsen...then again Lefevre will say owt for column inches.

Jakobsen is about 6 years younger than Bennet and about 11 younger than Cavendish so i'd imagine he would take jakobsen, form depending.
He did look back to his best with the two stage wins in the Vuelta.

Back