2022 Cycling Thread

No ride for me today.

My two goals for the year are 10,000k in the year and 100 Miles in one day. Both will be very stretching, but I feel I have made a good start by finishing off the Christmas drink, so no temptations.

Happy cycling.

Just got a bike computer ( Cateye Velo) so nice knowing speed distance etc live rather than waiting to see it on an App later.

Had a short ride yesterday but nowt today just drinking and eating.

Was all over during the first lockdown went from being completely knackered doing 20 miles to do 60+ mile rides and the poor thing hasn’t left the shed in over a year, I really should get it out soon.

Really on back foot compared to previous years ( normally keep usual mileage up if not more over winter) due to accident.

Headed out this morning and first time I touched front brake it seized up completely….had done less than half mile so headed back and did 75 mins on Zwift.
No targets as such but would like to think I make Mallorca at Easter and September after missing last two years due to Covid

just hope year picks up bike wise.

Last edited:
No ride for me today.

My two goals for the year are 10,000k in the year and 100 Miles in one day. Both will be very stretching, but I feel I have made a good start by finishing off the Christmas drink, so no temptations.

Happy cycling.
If your aiming for 10,000k you should be able to train for 100miles no problem and not find it as hard work as you may think.

Not saying it easy here by the way.

This thread has made me decide to service my mountain bike today and take it out for a short ride. It hasn't been used since September 2019, I am dreading stepping on the scales so I can set the pressure in the fork and shock. I think if I use the comfortable bike to get used to riding again it will be better than using the hybrid.

If your aiming for 10,000k you should be able to train for 100miles no problem and not find it as hard work as you may think.

Not saying it easy here by the way.
I have managed just under 7,000k a year a couple of times, but that has included quite a bit of commuting, so working at home knocks that out.

I would be over the moon to do 100 miles, but will need to get my head down and get some serious miles in.

I have managed just under 7,000k a year a couple of times, but that has included quite a bit of commuting, so working at home knocks that out.

I would be over the moon to do 100 miles, but will need to get my head down and get some serious miles in.
Working at home actually got me out more than I would when in the office.
Rather than a few turbo sessions during the week I can normally pick a time when I might get the best of the weather and go outside.

Working at home actually got me out more than I would when in the office.
Rather than a few turbo sessions during the week I can normally pick a time when I might get the best of the weather and go outside.

I missed my commuting as well but managed to get out for an hour or so first thing over the summer. Sounds daft but I really enjoyed getting up at 6am for a quick 20mile ride before WFH.
Will probably be more turbo sessions in Jan/Feb but will still try to get out as much as possible....

I really enjoyed commuting last year (Stanley to Gateshead)
Clocked up about 2800k till end of August but wife started working again and have to get back to give her a lift. Only been out 4 or 5 times since 🙄

Saw the aftermath of this earlier today....I was a good hour behind but the area was cordoned off with police knocking about so did a slight detour. Didn't realise at the time that it was a cycling related.
Stay safe folks...

Back