2021 Cycling Thread

Still can't ride, Dr gave me a 2 month avoid manual labour/heavy lifting sick note at the start of this month. It's going to be April before I get to ride again at the earliest, my wrist is improving but very very slowly. One of the carpel bones was broken all the way through and I've severely sprained the ligaments. If it hadn't improved much by the start of April I'll need another scan to look further into the ligaments to see if any damage is there the MRI I had didn't/couldn't show although the surgeon thought that was unlikely.
Sick of bloody running now, just want to get back to Hamsterley on my MTB
I know the Dr said not to do any heavy stuff with my wrist until April but I couldn't help myself and try as I'm going insane not going out. I tried a ride on Monday and managed just 3.5 miles (gave up after about 2 and turned back home), couldn't go any further because of the pain running through my middle and ring finger which went down and through my hand. Took my full susser MTB on pavements and roads to try and make it as stress free for my wrist as I could but still not great. The pain at the point where I broke my wrist was there still but manageable (at least over the short distance it was), it's just that finger/tendon pain is too much still.
Back to the physio exercises and stretches for now, keeping myself running doing about 10/11 miles each week to keep things ticking over as well. Can't wait for it to be nearly back to normal.

Back