2020 Local Cricket Rumours & Transfers

So, getting back to Whiteleas. If they only play one team then this is surely their first team ? If they struggle, then the beauty of this league is that they will drop into a lower league and will, eventually, find their own level.

More complex than that unfortunately. The individual circumstances surrounding Whiteleas are different to other cases. A decision will be made early in the new year I’m sure but we didn’t have the full picture and an official stance from Whiteleas at the time of the meeting. The league sec is looking to obtain said office stance before we consider best option.

What I can say is the committee are all about cricket and prevention of the demise of cricket clubs is a primary issue that we shall consider when making any decision.

There was nowt wrong with the NEDCL so dont understand why you thought you'd get special treatment from the DCL - they had rules in place, you didnt meet them so you werent able to play in the DCL.

Ah well, the oracle of all things cricket has spoken with great insight. That’s me put to rights
In fairness to that committee (which I wasn’t a part of at that time), the league didn’t have rules in place to support one team. Other clubs went back to the NEDCL with one side so the option was there.

The fact the new DNECL has been formed be virtue of a merger makes it easier for the current incumbents on the committee to consider what they deem to be the most appropriate course of action, which will no doubt divide opinion anyway.

rigid and dogmatic procedures lacking aforethought and common sense prevented any kind of compromise solution. The second team situation in the DCL at the time was farcical and not just with my club at the time either.

Anyway, I’m not going to derail this thread and the new set up looks far more progressive for local cricket

Last edited by a moderator:
Give ower man - you cant complain about a league not bending the rules for one club when there was a perfectly fine league that would have accepted you in. Nowt to do with me being as you put it "the oracle of all things cricket"

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

you know absolutely nothing of what was asked for, the situation of the club at the time or anything at all really but have decided to wade in despite that. Good on ya

So, getting back to Whiteleas. If they only play one team then this is surely their first team ? If they struggle, then the beauty of this league is that they will drop into a lower league and will, eventually, find their own level.

In theory yes, but if the players they’ve lost were their first team then Div 3 is more suitable for the remainder.

Hope common sense is observed and they’re put in the most appropriate place, as AC Arundaz has mentioned.

When Harton & Westoe pits closed the sports ground was handed over to some trustees.
They in turn sold off part of the land for housing (some disused bowling greens and car park) and invested the money in upgrading the facilities with a new clubhouse, floodlights, artificial 5 aside courts and turned the cricket square round by 90 degrees.
This new investment coincided with a huge upswing in the cricket club fortunes - albeit due to plenty cash being chucked around.
It now seems strange that they’ve allowed South Shields FC to muscle in to such an extent that the cricket club is in this mess.
Such a shame that yet another cricket club is heading for the scrap heap

When Harton & Westoe pits closed the sports ground was handed over to some trustees.
They in turn sold off part of the land for housing (some disused bowling greens and car park) and invested the money in upgrading the facilities with a new clubhouse, floodlights, artificial 5 aside courts and turned the cricket square round by 90 degrees.
This new investment coincided with a huge upswing in the cricket club fortunes - albeit due to plenty cash being chucked around.
It now seems strange that they’ve allowed South Shields FC to muscle in to such an extent that the cricket club is in this mess.
Such a shame that yet another cricket club is heading for the scrap heap

They’ve got juniors now via All Stars. If they get through the next year or two they’ll be fine.

I'm not particularly interested if I'm being honest. Just sick of reading snide remarks from you whenever the league is mentioned.
[/
I'm not particularly interested if I'm being honest. Just sick of reading snide remarks from you whenever the league is mentioned.

That disinterested you felt the need to comment? I might have mentioned it about five times max. That’s one for each of your career runs and clubs

Easington have signed Saeed Bin Nasir as pro for next season, was at Castle Eden last 2 seasons
Good signing averages just under 50 in premier league Div one for the past two seasons and can turn his arm over. If Easington have the smae team again with his addition it will take something special to overhaul them

Good luck to Easington, some good lads involved there.
They have money to pay a good pro, and, if rumours are believed, one or two others, but what are their aims/plans ?
They will probably win the league again but will not receive any money for that.
They do not want to be promoted.
So, what next ?

They have money to pay a good pro, and, if rumours are believed, one or two others, but what are their aims/plans ?
They will probably win the league again but will not receive any money for that.
So, what next ?

Surely playing and winning and enjoying it is an end in itself?

So, what next ?

Yeah absolutely nothing with doing what they doing, they have probably got the best side Easington cricket club has ever had, they doesn’t necessarily have to be a next?

Easington have failed to be promoted a couple of times in the past iirc something to do with them not passing the NEPL criteria?
Yeah they haven't got club mark and there is a new system replacing it so not sure if they can complete it this year either, if they actually do want to do it. Whatever anyone says its a risk for any club to go to the premier league and you need to make sure your club is in good order at all levels and teams before doing so.

Back