2020 Local Cricket Rumours & Transfers

I think you may be wrong there mind. I know that there’s other players on money other than pro for a fact.

Either way, Eden a great club, Keith a great lad who I’m sure will be missed but will have his own reasons for moving on, money related or not.
You know more than me mate then and I'm in the set up

You know more than me mate then and I'm in the set up

What do you do in the set up? Uni lads play for free? McGlasham travel up from Leeds for zip? Haway man. Nothing wrong with a couple of lads getting a bit of coin to cover costs but don’t pull the fast one. I’m good mates with the head of the “set up” and speak cricket regular with him.

What do you do in the set up? Uni lads play for free? McGlasham travel up from Leeds for zip? Haway man. Nothing wrong with a couple of lads getting a bit of coin to cover costs but don’t pull the fast one. I’m good mates with the head of the “set up” and speak cricket regular with him.
Thought ya ment in getting paid similar to the pro, my understanding now is they just got travelling expenses and none of those 3 mentioned above are playing next season
1 uni played played handful
Other uni lad played prob no more than half and playing in Australia at minute, but might play odd game when back up at uni
Robbie playing down Leeds area next season

Thought ya ment in getting paid similar to the pro, my understanding now is they just got travelling expenses and none of those 3 mentioned above are playing next season
1 uni played played handful
Other uni lad played prob no more than half and playing in Australia at minute, but might play odd game when back up at uni
Robbie playing down Leeds area next season

No just meant paid in general, be it expenses or money per game or incentives, all accounts to being paid.

Yeah heard about those lads and Robbie. Be missed but the new pro will be excellent hopefully, a very exciting signing.

No just meant paid in general, be it expenses or money per game or incentives, all accounts to being paid.

Yeah heard about those lads and Robbie. Be missed but the new pro will be excellent hopefully, a very exciting signing.
Hearing now Robbie might play odd game, and 2 other players have agreed to join, but a lot changes from now till April

From an untested source, but I am sure some Hetton Lyons and Castle Eden people on here could confirm or deny this.
Johnny Malkin returning to Castle Eden.

From an untested source, but I am sure some Hetton Lyons and Castle Eden people on here could confirm or deny this.
Johnny Malkin returning to Castle Eden.
😉👍
QUOTE="EGG, post: 30695447, member: 930"]
Hearing now Robbie might play odd game, and 2 other players have agreed to join, but a lot changes from now till April
[/QUOTE]

TRANSFER NEWS

Sheffield Collegiate are delighted to announce the signing of Stephen Cantwell.

Cantwell has an impressive CV which includes representing Leeds and Bradford University and becomes the clubs first signing ahead of the 2020 season.

He has opened the bowling for Leeds Bradford claiming two prize scalps in Tom Lace and former England opener Adam Lyth. In the two games vs Derbyshire and Yorkshire he also scored 43 and 22 not out respectively.

This is an exciting signing for the club and we welcome Stephen and wish him the best of luck ahead of winter nets and the upcoming campaign. UTC

Heard that at the first meeting of the new "combined" Durham League, Whiteleas have stated that they can only field one team in 2020.
Several players have left the club recently.
Good job this league was formed and allowing clubs to do this. Gives clubs time to rebuild, if that is what they plan to do.

Heard that at the first meeting of the new "combined" Durham League, Whiteleas have stated that they can only field one team in 2020.
Good job this league was formed and allowing clubs to do this. Gives clubs time to rebuild, if that is what they plan to do.
heard the same, with the 2nd team essentially becoming the 1st team. It will be interesting seeing how its handled as apparently they want the 1st team to start in Div 3 where the 2nd team are currently leaving 11 teams in Div 1. I think the rules mean it will be up to the league committee so interesting to see if they are allowed to do that or are told to start in the bottom league and whether anyone will be promoted to Div 1 as a result. First test of the league structure and the committee

Just 2 seasons ago Whiteleas had a first team, a second team and 2 Sunday sides in the Hetton Lyons Sunday league.
They had good facilities as well.
What has happened ?

Just 2 seasons ago Whiteleas had a first team, a second team and 2 Sunday sides in the Hetton Lyons Sunday league.
They had good facilities as well.
What has happened ?
South sheilds Football Club either own or at least have a deal in place for Whitleas ground and are using it as their training ground, they are fast becoming a professional outfit and with only about 4 weeks of off season its not going to be long before they push Whitleas out or at least make it very difficult for them to stay on. Wih that in mind I think a few have left before being pushed out and a number of the committee have also gone possibly for them reasons and these lads were the people pushing the club too. They may still have a 3rd team as it was made up of asian lads, the other team folded as a number of them went upto the 1st team. Hopefully they can make the best of a bad situation or find a new home either way we dont want another club going under.

Last edited:

shame certain committee people didn’t see the sensible logic to this approach earlier, particularly when one club went cap in hand to them and were told where to go.

not that I’m bitter or out :lol:

shame certain committee people didn’t see the sensible logic to this approach earlier, particularly when one club went cap in hand to them and were told where to go.

In fairness to that committee (which I wasn’t a part of at that time), the league didn’t have rules in place to support one team. Other clubs went back to the NEDCL with one side so the option was there.

The fact the new DNECL has been formed be virtue of a merger makes it easier for the current incumbents on the committee to consider what they deem to be the most appropriate course of action, which will no doubt divide opinion anyway.

Last edited:

There was nowt wrong with the NEDCL so dont understand why you thought you'd get special treatment from the DCL - they had rules in place, you didnt meet them so you werent able to play in the DCL.

In fairness to that committee (which I wasn’t a part of at that time), the league didn’t have rules in place to support one team. Other clubs went back to the NEDCL with one side so the option was there.

The fact the new DNECL has been formed be virtue of a merger makes it easier for the current incumbents on the committee to consider what they deem to be the most appropriate course of action, which will no doubt divide opinion anyway.
So, getting back to Whiteleas. If they only play one team then this is surely their first team ? If they struggle, then the beauty of this league is that they will drop into a lower league and will, eventually, find their own level.

Back