2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Agreed to do the c2c next year. Be a struggle on my fixie yeah ?
Wouldn’t like to climb hartside with one gear like
Thick socks, good gloves, leggings under tights, 2 jackets. I was like Joey in friends.
I’ve got running tights under my bib shorts and a long sleeve under a trackie top. Thick socks. Will be getting some base layers soon like

Last edited:

Agreed to do the c2c next year. Be a struggle on my fixie yeah ?

Depends on the gear you are using I guess 😆

I remember seeing a blog years ago by a guy who did the Fred Whitton course on fixed He did have to get off & walk a few times like.

I've been trying to get hold of a Kickr trainer for the winter and they simply arent available until January anywhere.
I've bought a Zycle ZPro instead but i'm not overly impressed, took ages to get it connected and my first ride last night didn't upload due to an error.
I got a free 3month trial of BKool app so i'm using that before going on to Zwift, i'm thinking of sending it back if it doesnt upload tonights ride like.
Anyone else got one? There's very little support on the net for it. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

I've been trying to get hold of a Kickr trainer for the winter and they simply arent available until January anywhere.
I've bought a Zycle ZPro instead but i'm not overly impressed, took ages to get it connected and my first ride last night didn't upload due to an error.
I got a free 3month trial of BKool app so i'm using that before going on to Zwift, i'm thinking of sending it back if it doesnt upload tonights ride like.
Anyone else got one? There's very little support on the net for it. I wonder why? :rolleyes:
I've watched a million videos of gplama and the like and did a ton of research before getting my turbo, so I'm in a good position to say I've never heard of it.

Never heard of it...

what others have said - never heard of it

did a quick google though, and assuming i'm looking at the right one - £400 for a wheel on is daylight robbery

Its only party piece appears to be that it can sim upto 15%, while normal wheel ons do about 7-8%

i know theres the Covid tax on prices at the mo (the Tacx Vortex at £300 for ex - is £100 more than what you used to be able to get it for) but there must be better deals round

44T crank and 16T fixed. I’m gonna be walking loads ain’t I?
So that's a 72.5" gear - fairly low. I wouldn't have thought you would have any problem getting up Hartside but maybe fkn difficult in other places. Actually that gear would be more of a pain in the arse to ride downhill than anything else. I usually have about 87" setup but stay away from big hills. Basically the c2c isn't a ride for fixed gear.

Back