2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

Where i was walking on Saturday morning is a shared path, with a sign asking cyclists to give way to pedestrians. They were flying up behind people no bells no warning. I am quite happy to move to one side but i cant if i dont know you are there. Just use a bell.

I will remember that when some cyclist cross me in the car when i have right of way.

look, i dont think you quite understand this thread

if you want to give us the lecture then choose one of the many anti-cycling threads on the forum

if you want to give us the lecture then choose one of the many anti-cycling threads on the forum
The thread was what are you going to do this year. So this year fit a bell and use it.
It wasnt a lecture, it was a simple request to fit a bell and use it. I am quite happy to step to the side so a cyclist doesnt have to slow down.

The thread was what are you going to do this year. So this year fit a bell and use it.
It wasnt a lecture, it was a simple request to fit a bell and use it. I am quite happy to step to the side so a cyclist doesnt have to slow down.

Well said, they're an absolute menace. Lycra clad louts riding nine abreast who don't pay road tax.

Kerching :D

Last edited:
Probably being a bit thick here but looking for clip on mudguards for me new Marin Hybrid

Says tyres are 700c x 32mm ... So what size mudguards should I be looking at ? Preferably clip on

Probably being a bit thick here but looking for clip on mudguards for me new Marin Hybrid

Says tyres are 700c x 32mm ... So what size mudguards should I be looking at ? Preferably clip on

when I used clip ons quite liked the Crud mark 2...not sure about clearance mind.

Bog standard ass savers are excellent for the rear.

Got a new bike and was out for a few hours in the mud and rain and brakes started to deteriorate, which I put down to the conditions. I didn’t realise how much until I couldn’t stop on a ramp and nearly ended up in the canal.

The bike has Juin tech F1 Hybrid Discs (hydraulic) and a quick tighten and they’re fine. But they won’t stay tight and whilst it’s my first bike with hydraulic discs this can’t be the norm?

Im crap with this stuff. Any ideas?

Bog standard ass savers are excellent for the rear.

I use these and they at least keep your arse dry. On wetter/muddier days you’ll still get spray up your back.

How good do we think the build quality of the frame will be if they're managing to sell this £1.8k?

Good...my wife's best bike is a PX Carbon with Ultergra DI2.
Very good bike ( I've used it before) and nice stiff frameset.

Outstanding value. While my best bike isn't a PX I'd have no qualms about buying one.
One of my first TT bikes was their Exocet and was superb

Good...my wife's best bike is a PX Carbon with Ultergra DI2.
Very good bike ( I've used it before) and nice stiff frameset.

Outstanding value. While my best bike isn't a PX I'd have no qualms about buying one.
One of my first TT bikes was their Exocet and was superb

It appears to be approx. £1k less than similarly-spec'd bikes from other manufacturers so you can understand why people would question how they're making money on this model. The frame (on their website) is £1.1k alone.

It appears to be approx. £1k less than similarly-spec'd bikes from other manufacturers so you can understand why people would question how they're making money on this model. The frame (on their website) is £1.1k alone.

Well let people pay £1k more then and have a better name on their frame. Always find framesets are artificially inflated if sold alongside full bikes, almost makes the consumer think they might as well buy the full bike.

Seen loads of pictures/stories of frame failures over the years, and if it's say a Cervelo or Pinarello they will look for any reason why it's not the manufacturers fault, a PX has the same problem and its "dodgy carbon cheap frames from China"

might be a topic already covered on these pages, but whats the deal with choosing between 700c & 650b wheels? in looking into some gravel bikes i've spotted that some people are often choosing the 650b's, why? i haven't really found out what the benefit is these smaller wheels?

Is it just me thinking this but

Does the darker mornings/nights bring out the inner arsehole in hoards of drivers ?

nah arsehole drivers are twats all year round...the dark just makes their road behaviour far more dangerous.

Doesn't matter how well lit up or visible if someone is driving like a twat

on another topic I need a new set of road wheels for summer bike..
Not wanting to go too daft price wise (£500 ish) and rim brakes and clincher.....ideas or suggestions welcome.

not be needed till Easter or so

Last edited:
Riding back tonight on 2 week old hybrid though at first had front flat tyre handle bars wobbling. When checked tyre ok, managed to get back but while riding front wheel wobbling... Any ideas what could be? Hopefully wheel not buckled 😕

Back