2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
So that's a 72.5" gear - fairly low. I wouldn't have thought you would have any problem getting up Hartside but maybe fkn difficult in other places. Actually that gear would be more of a pain in the arse to ride downhill than anything else. I usually have about 87" setup but stay away from big hills. Basically the c2c isn't a ride for fixed gear.
Gonna have to buy another bike ain’t I. :lol:

If you're interested
Ah thanks mate. Deciding which one to use so will give them all a blast.

Need a large fan. Was in the summer house this morning with the door wide open and was still melting.

Just received a wahoo trainer for my birthday. I've had a right twat on setting it up. Now I'm having a right twat on navigating Zwift. I'm sure once i get the hang of it it'll be great.

Got one myself and while I was always happy being old school turbo wise, I must say the wahoo and Zwift are really good.

Got one myself and while I was always happy being old school turbo wise, I must say the wahoo and Zwift are really good.
Yeah I'm sure once i get the hang of it It'll be great. It will take a while as I'm thick as when it comes to owt like this. Been on a couple of times and i was automatically taken to a ride. Looking to find training workouts. Back to the videos again. :oops: :oops: :lol:

Cyclists of the SMB. What have you got planned for this year? Personally, I’m getting out twice a week and getting in the best shape I can for the Australian Police and Emergency Services Games being held in Wollongong in October. That’s my goal, what’s yours?
If you live in the UK get a bell fitted and use it. Dont just fly uo behind people and expect them to get out of the way.

Just received a wahoo trainer for my birthday. I've had a right twat on setting it up. Now I'm having a right twat on navigating Zwift. I'm sure once i get the hang of it it'll be great.
This thing was literally plug and play although I needed to fit my own cassette. Which I've buggered up.

If you live in the UK get a bell fitted and use it. Dont just fly uo behind people and expect them to get out of the way.
interesting goal for this year?
well as I only cycle on the roads I'd not expect to see pedestrians walking in front of me
reading between the lines, i suspect some pedestrians are amazed to find people riding bikes on cycleways...

Last edited:
interesting goal for this year?

reading between the lines, i suspect some pedestrians are amazed to find people riding bikes on cycleways...
Where i was walking on Saturday morning is a shared path, with a sign asking cyclists to give way to pedestrians. They were flying up behind people no bells no warning. I am quite happy to move to one side but i cant if i dont know you are there. Just use a bell.
tough...should be looking

when that happens I shout, they get the message quicker than a tinkle of a bell.
I will remember that when some cyclist cross me in the car when i have right of way.

Last edited:
Where i was walking on Saturday morning is a shared path, with a sign asking cyclists to give way to pedestrians. They were flying up behind people no bells no warning. I am quite happy to move to one side but i cant if i dont know you are there. Just use a bell.

I will remember that when some cyclist cross me in the car when i have right of way.

what’s that meant to mean ?

Back