2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

Point it down man :)

Done that first ever time I went up Cox green...under estimated the gradient, kept in big ring and when tried to drop down under load shipped chain..
getting going again on a 15-20% bit from standing, balls to that, just went back and turned around, this time in a more realistic gear:oops:

They're quality like.

it’s a bastard ton weight....just deciding what bike to use it with and where ?

my turbo in garage is a designated turbo bike...got Tri bars from years ago ( which serve as nice I pad, phone rest)
It’s a 10 speed bike, so as Kickr comes with pre installed 11 speed cassette it means using our 11 speed road bikes or swapping cassette on kickr to a 10 speed...

also not sure whether to use indoors or not ( wife will be using it so we’ll have to see)

nee rush to decide

my turbo in garage is a designated turbo bike...got Tri bars from years ago ( which serve as nice I pad, phone rest)
It’s a 10 speed bike, so as Kickr comes with pre installed 11 speed cassette it means using our 11 speed road bikes or swapping cassette on kickr to a 10 speed...

also not sure whether to use indoors or not ( wife will be using it so we’ll have to see)

nee rush to decide
Just bought one. Ffs

Wrong gear selection going up a hill, so I stopped half way up, and tried to set off again, struggled to get my cleats in and lost my balance. Really embarrassing.
Very narrowly avoided this myself today in heavy traffic. Ended up cutting across a lane to lessen the incline and give myself time to clip in. Approaching cars weren't happy but I at least signalled. In a fashion.

nee rush to decide
I use erg mode so not bothering to change the casette. I don't change gears. The weight is good, i don't feel like I'm ever going to fall off.

Do you want a trainer road trial?
Just bought one. Ffs
I have a trainer road monthly trial if you want it.

I use erg mode so not bothering to change the casette. I don't change gears. The weight is good, i don't feel like I'm ever going to fall off.

Do you want a trainer road trial?

I have a trainer road monthly trial if you want it.

might as well...ta

not sure how I’m going to use the kickr ( whether bother with zwift)
Looking at it and what I used to ride on the turbo the ERG mode would have been really useful....is it simulation mode if I wanted to ride courses ?

might as well...ta

Looking at it and what I used to ride on the turbo the ERG mode would have been really useful....is it simulation mode if I wanted to ride courses ?
I think so. I don't use zwift like. I love erg mode for the sessions.
might as well...ta

Send me a text. Box is full

Last edited:
Going to some Israel start up team.
The tour should be fun like

what was katusha by the looks of it, that and a tie up with the israel cycling academy - presume its what british cycling did when they setup team sky... will have dan martin & alex dowsett alongside him.

be interesting to see if froome has what it takes to fight bernal this year, im open minded at the minute and would like to think that if froome has the upper hand going into the final week that the team would back in for his 5th title. i guess brailsford saying the balls in froomes court if he wants a 5th title.

what was katusha by the looks of it, that and a tie up with the israel cycling academy - presume its what british cycling did when they setup team sky... will have dan martin & alex dowsett alongside him.

be interesting to see if froome has what it takes to fight bernal this year, im open minded at the minute and would like to think that if froome has the upper hand going into the final week that the team would back in for his 5th title. i guess brailsford saying the balls in froomes court if he wants a 5th title.

I'd never back against a fully motivated Froome if he's fully recovered.
Interesting if say Thomas isn't in contention and Bernal/Froome are come final week how the support/resources are used rider wise ?

If I had to pick a winner out of the two this year alone I'd go with Froome just based on his experience/savvy.
Then again father time may be catching up with him. Makes it intriguing though. Skybet have Bernal 5/2, Froome 9/2 and Roglic 11/2 with Thomas 8's

Back