2019 iPhone announcement 6pm

they aren't the cheapest but I've found apple devices to last a lot longer than other phones and still hold a few quid if you want to sell them on later.

Still on my 7 plus I've had since a week after it's launch and it's still going strong, had my moneys worth out of it and tempted to order an 11 pro

Being a daft twat all my family have new ones n i buy used. Constantly dropped at work n that n i wantbiggest memory. Save £300 for something that looks n works the same bar a hairline scratch on theback.

Imagine still being apple's bitch :lol: :lol:
I've only ever used Apple, but still have the iPhone 7. I'm now only paying £13.50 a month for my contract. It's still working perfect and I reckon I have one more year in it. By then the deals for the standard iPhoneXR or 11 should be ok. Far from being Apple's bitch like...

Think i'll get rid of my knackered 7 and get a standard 11

Pro seems like a very good piece of kit, but just too expensive for my liking

been hanging off upgrading my contract for this announcement, the lack of 5g was always putting me off but I thought I’d still wait and see. Don’t think I’m going to bother with this one like.

been hanging off upgrading my contract for this announcement, the lack of 5g was always putting me off but I thought I’d still wait and see. Don’t think I’m going to bother with this one like.

5g along with a total redesign is rumoured for next year. There is little point to paying extra for 5G at the moment with it barely being available anywhere. Also, I get upto about 20mbps via 4G which is plenty for 2 video streams at once.

If my 8 plus wasn't on it's last legs I'd be holding off for a year on sim only.

Being a daft twat all my family have new ones n i buy used. Constantly dropped at work n that n i wantbiggest memory. Save £300 for something that looks n works the same bar a hairline scratch on theback.
Aye that’s not a bad idea to be fair as long as you get a decent used one .

I always prefer the bigger storage ones , although I’ll go for the middle one -256gb this time as that’s what I’ve got on the 7plus and it’s just about the right size.

Except it doesn’t? (New Iphone for photo will be better, p30 is indeed better than current model)

Video is sub standard on the p30 pro as well. Unless you are happy with a choppy 30fps

I will hold you to that. Lets see if this new iphone camera is indeed better than the P30 Pro. My guess is it will be nowhere near as good.

As with most years it’s a slight move forward, nothing surprising, just playing safe to keep shareholders happy. Apple will continue to lose market share as their product doesn’t offer enough to justify the price tag. I’m an iPhone user for 12 years but I just can’t see this lasting without a bigger change or a price drop.

As with most years it’s a slight move forward, nothing surprising, just playing safe to keep shareholders happy. Apple will continue to lose market share as their product doesn’t offer enough to justify the price tag. I’m an iPhone user for 12 years but I just can’t see this lasting without a bigger change or a price drop.
Isn't this the same for all manufacturers?

Is the latest Samsung/Huawei a giant leap forward from the previous iteration

No headphone jack. No way i'd ever get one.

headphone jacks are dying, pretty much every top-end device has got rid of them now. Bluetooth is the way forward for the majority and if your a proper audiophile then you'll be using a lightening/usb-c with a much better DAC than was ever built-in.

Still going for the notch, while Samsung have developed much better screens on the galxy s10 and note.

That notch is ridiculous and not needed

I will hold you to that. Lets see if this new iphone camera is indeed better than the P30 Pro. My guess is it will be nowhere near as good.

the p30 pro camera was impressive at first then I found it very ‘fake’- not to say you can’t get great shots from going into pro mode though!

the video recording was the main let down. 4K30 isn’t good enough. Maybe addressed in p40 though?!
Still going for the notch, while Samsung have developed much better screens on the galxy s10 and note.

That notch is ridiculous and not needed

Stop being daft man. The s10+ has a cut out in the screen!

Last edited:
the p30 pro camera was impressive at first then I found it very ‘fake’- not to say you can’t get great shots from going into pro mode though!

the video recording was the main let down. 4K30 isn’t good enough. Maybe addressed in p40 though?!

Stop being daft man. The s10+ has a cut out in the screen!

compared to the notch its no where near as intrusive, if you looked at what the note has now Samsung are way ahead of the game

compared to the notch its no where near as intrusive, if you looked at what the note has now Samsung are way ahead of the game

samsung makes the screens for these iPhones so they are always going to have the best screen tech for their own devices surely.

Ordered me and my wife an 11 each. Both 64GB models. 30GB data each, £50 upfront, £44 per month. Happy with that. I will miss the telephoto camera but I just can't justify the extra cost for something I only use to take pictures of the dogs down the beach. lad from the EE centre in sunderland sorted it all out, dunno if he gets on here but he was spot on 👍

Last edited:

Back