2019 iPhone announcement 6pm

I'm torn to what to get to replace my 8+. The sensible me says the 11 is ideal, the geek in me wants the 256gb pro max. I think it's time to put my original generation apple watch to rest and replace with the series 5, always-on display, finally.

11 is a very good device by the looks of it, but that pro max is screaming "buy me, buy me" as is the watch! Which model though....always preferred the stainless steel as felt better quality but the titanium and ceramic are stunning!

they aren't the cheapest but I've found apple devices to last a lot longer than other phones and still hold a few quid if you want to sell them on later.

Still on my 7 plus I've had since a week after it's launch and it's still going strong, had my moneys worth out of it and tempted to order an 11 pro

they aren't the cheapest but I've found apple devices to last a lot longer than other phones and still hold a few quid if you want to sell them on later.

Still on my 7 plus I've had since a week after it's launch and it's still going strong, had my moneys worth out of it and tempted to order an 11 pro

Other phones are more expensive now as well, but people still hang on the apple are so expensive line. They definitely hold value a lot better as well as you say.

Order it!

Other phones are more expensive now as well, but people still hang on the apple are so expensive line. They definitely hold value a lot better as well as you say.

Order it!
talked myself into it only to go on the apple site and can't order it till Friday , might have talked myself out of it by then

Too right. Samsung’s are shit.
This reminds me of the range rover evoque thread. Half a dozen on here were bragging about when theirs were getting delivered, and what 'build' they were getting. 6 months later people were asking which model they should get, and were asked if they were hairdressers. 😴

I know, it's nuts. For years it was 649. Then they made the plus and charged 699. Then they made $1=£1 and they price skyrocketed. Even the galaxy note 10+ starts at £999 so they are all at it.
Top end smartphones are madness. There's just no point in them.
The £200-300 range gets a phone that's just as quick, and runs everything for 2-3 years. Sell it for about £100, and onto the next. People spending a grand every 2 years on a top-end phone - be it apple or android - have simply missed the boat imo.

The £200-300 range gets a phone that's just as quick, and runs everything for 2-3 years. Sell it for about £100, and onto the next. People spending a grand every 2 years on a top-end phone - be it apple or android - have simply missed the boat imo.

This. It’s absolutely mental.
If people weren’t in the ‘I want mine first!’ club, they could get a much better deal in a few months anyway.
This reminds me of the range rover evoque thread. Half a dozen on here were bragging about when theirs were getting delivered, and what 'build' they were getting. 6 months later people were asking which model they should get, and were asked if they were hairdressers. 😴

Hairdressers driving Range Rovers? That’s a new one on me, mind!

Last edited:
Had an iPhone 5 for five years, no bother with it. Moved to a 10 max because no need for an iPad anarl with the massive screen (need this for work). Expect to get five years out of it. Good value given all that.

I want the SE2

Apple’s new iPhone SE2 is stunning. The slim, elegant successor to the defunct SE clocks in at less than 5 inches long and 2½ inches wide. It’s 40% smaller and lighter than a flagship iPhone such as the XR and XS Max. But, thanks to the new edge-to-edge design, this pocketable little phone still boasts a screen size of around 5 inches.

The problem? The iPhone SE2, alas, doesn’t actually exist.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
There's no telling them man, they are thick as whale spunk. Like lambs to the slaughter.

phones are all about cameras nowadays and sadly apple is years behind huawei. p30 pro pisses all over iphones.

Except it doesn’t? (New Iphone for photo will be better, p30 is indeed better than current model)

Video is sub standard on the p30 pro as well. Unless you are happy with a choppy 30fps

Back