2014 Cycling thread - part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
you had a f***ing long wait at the top when I came out with you
Are you in Craig? and I hate to tell you, but that is the easy way up the Stang. Next time we'll go up the way me and Percy did.
I still fancy the hill near Kirby Thore though whether I take my new bike or my mtb I'm not sure?[DOUBLEPOST=1388760578][/DOUBLEPOST]
true.

I much prefer a small group, say 3, of equally matched fitness. only stop when you need to, taking turns to cover some distance.

that said the c2ci1d goal isn't to break records is it?

It's to survive and complete for me. If we get a headwind it will be a mare :(

Are you in Craig? and I hate to tell you, but that is the easy way up the Stang. Next time we'll go up the way me and Percy did.
I still fancy the hill near Kirby Thore though whether I take my new bike or my mtb I'm not sure?[DOUBLEPOST=1388760578][/DOUBLEPOST]

in the van then...fuck a headwind :eek:[DOUBLEPOST=1388760716][/DOUBLEPOST]
good effort that. I try to maintain 40km/h on my commute if I can and that's tough

km/h for us continental types ;)

aye but my 25 mile TT pb is over 44km..so shows my 10 is weak

if it's a group just stick in together and make it a bit easier marra. I'd quite like to have a beer with everyone at the finish having made it across as a group and not break up.[DOUBLEPOST=1388760781][/DOUBLEPOST]
in the van then...fuck a headwind :eek:

aye but my 25 mile TT pb is over 44km..so shows my 10 is weak

jebus. how much does aerodynamics make a difference do you reckon?

Just waiting on my Halfords bike2work voucher coming through, should be in the next week.

Can't decide on a Trek Domane 2.0 or Cube Cross Race. Needle is over the Trek but that could change.

Going down to Escomb and back on its maiden voyage whatever it is, only 60 miles to break it in :)

if it's a group just stick in together and make it a bit easier marra. I'd quite like to have a beer with everyone at the finish having made it across as a group and not break up.[DOUBLEPOST=1388760781][/DOUBLEPOST]

you will be very very very drunk by the time I get there

edit..its 43 Km for the 25

a lot...try some clip on bars on a road bike, get aero( not comfy at first) and watch speed creep up.
Number on back the big help of course, then skin suits, fancy lids etc[DOUBLEPOST=1388761058][/DOUBLEPOST]
you will be very very very drunk by the time I get there

all re group and ride in together, no point in everyone being shredded from Whitehaven to Sunderland, not much point.
Plus you can have a chat with people you only ever "talk to " on here, good chance to catch up

That's the only reason I do it.

edit..its 43 Km for the 25

a lot...try some clip on bars on a road bike, get aero( not comfy at first) and watch speed creep up.
Number on back the big help of course, then skin suits, fancy lids etc

probably different muscle group but my backside burns like a bugger when I'm on the drops. just something your body has to get used to I reckon, much like the first few weeks on the hoods.

all re group and ride in together, no point in everyone being shredded from Whitehaven to Sunderland, not much point.
Plus you can have a chat with people you only ever "talk to " on here, good chance to catch up

correct.[DOUBLEPOST=1388761316][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's the only reason I do it.
seems a solid enough reason to me mate

If it starts at 6am, 10pm the next day. (Assuming 15-30kmh limits).

Apparently 600s are easier than 400. Apparently. (As you have time for a power nap)
that's still an enormous effort that mate. fair play. what sort of numbers turn out for these events?

I still managed the beer but without the 130 mile ride beforehand ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back