2014 Cycling thread - part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here Pretty equidistant from Carlisle. Siloth has quite a lot of heavy traffic and narrow roads. Particularly the main one from Wigton to Silloth. I'm not sure I would like to cycle on it..
I'll probably be following the Hadrians cycleway out of Carlisle and that goes to Silloth. Would just go to Bowness, but that's not really the coast is it.

Blaine( races TT for Team Swift)
sub 55 for 25, so no slouch, though still to break 20 for 10( will do I imagine this season)[DOUBLEPOST=1388758891][/DOUBLEPOST]

just him, though rode over with a mate on his "easy ride on the Friday)

I can't decide whether a group is better. yep, you can tuck in and go if you're all the same standard but every time I'm in a group it's patchy. stop/start/stop/start.

Ah, should have guessed. Couldn't place the username. I was talking to him a while back drafting a bus down Durham Road - Him on his Cervelo and me on my Surly.

I can't decide whether a group is better. yep, you can tuck in and go if you're all the same standard but every time I'm in a group it's patchy. stop/start/stop/start.

suppose like most testers I know the vast vast majority of training is on your todd, you get used to being in the wind/no shelter.
The C2C last year was the only time I've ever ridden with any more than one other rider.

Probably explains my lack of etiquette :oops:;)
plus side is I don't mind doing long drags at front[DOUBLEPOST=1388759145][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah, should have guessed. Couldn't place the username. I was talking to him a while back drafting a bus down Durham Road - Him on his Cervelo and me on my Surly.

His P5 ?
Not out training on that was he :lol:

suppose like most testers I know the vast vast majority of training is on your todd, you get used to being in the wind/no shelter.
The C2C last year was the only time I've ever ridden with any more than one other rider.

plus side is I don't mind doing long drags at front

i'll be honest I prefer being out front. I keep half-wheeling people in a group which makes people (very) angry. :-D

the only time we did a proper group stint was me and 2 other lads steaming along the flat into bourg d'oisans taking turns. it's immense the speed you can maintain. pretty much 50km/h at the end of 100km and 2000m of climbing with relatively little effort.

Aye, he was taking it into the shop.

never out of Cycle World( his P5 is like a homing pidgeon..returning from where it was built)
Blaine the only lad in there with Gold discount card...he's that good a customer :lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1388759707][/DOUBLEPOST]
i'll be honest I prefer being out front. I keep half-wheeling people in a group which makes people (very) angry. :-D

the only time we did a proper group stint was me and 2 other lads steaming along the flat into bourg d'oisans taking turns. it's immense the speed you can maintain. pretty much 50km/h at the end of 100km and 2000m of climbing with relatively little effort.

the day I met up with Hitchin when up here it was pissing down when I left him for home...went in full TT mode to get back quickly and some lad sat on my wheel for about 9 miles..I was blasting it and he sat and had a great pull( oooerrr)
He was chuffed at end and said it was his fastest ever commute home...git

Last edited:

plus side is I don't mind doing long drags at front[DOUBLEPOST=1388759145][/DOUBLEPOST]

His P5 ?
Not out training on that was he :lol:

And even then we weren't very organised. I think that initial horrendous weather put us all in our shell a bit (It certainly did me) I normally ride on my own or with one other.When I hit a hill I just go at my own pace but if I'm faster am happy to wait at the top to regroup.

never out of Cycle World( his P5 is like a homing pidgeon..returning from where it was built)
Blaine the only lad in there with Gold discount card...he's that good a customer :lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1388759707][/DOUBLEPOST]

the day I met up with Hitchin when up here it was pissing down when I left him for home...went in full TT mode to get back quickly and some lad sat on my wheel for about 9 miles..I was blasting it and he sat and had a great pull( oooerrr)
He was chuffed at end and said it was his fastest ever commute home...git

bad mannered get ;)

I'm sure I've asked this before but a fairly tame short tt (10 miler say) what sort of averages do you push? in km/h please

Depends what you want, many people confuse riding in a group with a chaingang.

true.

I much prefer a small group, say 3, of equally matched fitness. only stop when you need to, taking turns to cover some distance.

that said the c2ci1d goal isn't to break records is it?

And even then we weren't very organised. I think that initial horrendous weather put us all in our shell a bit (It certainly did me) I normally ride on my own or with one other.When I hit a hill I just go at my own pace but if I'm faster am happy to wait at the top to regroup.
you had a f***ing long wait at the top when I came out with you

bad mannered get ;)

I'm sure I've asked this before but a fairly tame short tt (10 miler say) what sort of averages do you push? in km/h please

I would be about 44KM...but my pb is pretty poor, and would be expecting to lower it to a short/mid 21

and its MILES man ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back