19 years inside for man who killed burglar

I don't think it's acceptable to take the law into your own hands if someone is trying to flee the scene with your property either tbh

We shall agree to disagree then!
What if you break into someone's home without the intention of stealing?

What if there was no break-in and you left the front door wide open?

See my reply to @redandwhiterob earlier. I’m not going through every permutation.

Last edited:

See my reply to @redandwhiterob earlier. I’m not going through every permutation.

But you'd expect a homeowner (or renter!) to have the cognisance to go through all of the permutations in the middle of the night, when it's dark and they are half asleep, to work out which permutation applies and whether lethal force is allowable?

But you'd expect a homeowner (or renter!) to have the cognisance to go through all of the permutations in the middle of the night, when it's dark and they are half asleep, to work out which permutation applies and whether lethal force is allowable?

If someone wakes up during the night and catches someone breaking in and/or burgling their property, and uses lethal force to prevent said crime, I’d be fine with it, yes.

Leave that to yamar and lefty, they think it's f***ing hilarious, even after repeating it hundreds of times.

I'm in hospital, there's not much else to do.

What's your excuse?
Not long got in marra after a few so a bit light entertainment on here.

Whats up, hopefully nothing to serious?

Huge difference between attacking someone in the act of breaking into your home (genuine self defence) and hunting someone down and stabbing them to death.

That said Im not sure what’s worse in this case then some others where someone has killed someone and been out in under 10 years.

Regardless Its clearly not self defence. Legally or morally

Not long got in marra after a few so a bit light entertainment on here.

Whats up, hopefully nothing to serious?
Suspected blood clot in my lung, but it got confirmed as "only" a lung infection earlier, so two good results today 👍

It has subsequently emerged he was a drug dealer protecting his stash. The BBC did not make that known in their reporting, which does change things.

If I saw my home was being broken into, then yes I’d call the police, but if I could arm myself and stop the burglar getting away, I would.

Robbing someone’s home is the lowest of the low and you should be able to defend your property with lethal force, threat to life or not, if you deem it necessary to prevent the criminal getting away.

Surprised by that mind. You strike me as the sort of poster who on another thread would be criticising US gun culture

Suspected blood clot in my lung, but it got confirmed as "only" a lung infection earlier, so two good results today 👍
All the best marra, i was put on blood thinners myself earlier in the year for potential clotting issues due to atrial fibrillation. Take some time out and relax, try not to worry and give it a chance to pass.

If someone wakes up during the night and catches someone breaking in and/or burgling their property, and uses lethal force to prevent said crime, I’d be fine with it, yes.

If someone has broken in then the crime has already happened. By killing them you haven't prevented it.

In a case of genuine self defence to prevent serious injury to yourself or someone else then no court in the land is going to convict but it would be too dangerous to give residents a get out of jail free card to be able to kill anyone they suspected of breaking and entering or burglary especially if there was no threat of violence.

If someone has broken in then the crime has already happened. By killing them you haven't prevented it.

In a case of genuine self defence to prevent serious injury to yourself or someone else then no court in the land is going to convict but it would be too dangerous to give residents a get out of jail free card to be able to kill anyone they suspected of breaking and entering or burglary especially if there was no threat of violence.
Fuck them. If they're on your patch stealing, they get their just desserts.

Leave that to yamar and lefty, they think it's f***ing hilarious, even after repeating it hundreds of times.

I'm in hospital, there's not much else to do.

What's your excuse?

Sorry to hear that bud. Out soon?

If someone uses force to gain entry, reasonable chance they’re willing to use it again.

I’m not saying you should shoot anyone who trespasses on your property mind.

Last edited:
I’m not saying what the law is, so it’s entirely pointless to tell me what right I do and do not have. I know I have no legal right to shoot a burglar who is fleeing.

You’re arguing based on what the law is currently. I am not giving my interpretation of what the law is.

I am saying what I think it should be. Perhaps you misunderstood, because all your comments such as

“You have no right…”

“It doesn’t matter if…”

“You can’t…”

Aren’t telling me anything new. I know. I’m saying things should be different.

If I get woken up during the night, creep downstairs to see a burglary in progress and can stop it with force, if that force happens to be lethal, I think that should be fine. The alternative is let some f***ing thief ransack your home whilst cowering and waiting for the police.

Chances are though that the burglar would just give you a good hiding if you tried to use your lethal force.

Last edited:

Back