19 years inside for man who killed burglar

So if catch a young scrote in my garden trying to pinch the bairns football it's ok to kill him rather than letting him leg it?

That isn’t burglary. Do we really have to do this dance Rob?

“Oh but what about permutation #329? Surely that’ll expose your hypocrisy and my moral superiority!”

If you break into someone’s home, with the intention of stealing their belongings, and you are met with lethal force, I think that’s fair enough. There are of course, many situations where an exemption would apply, but a run-of-the-mill burglar meeting a sticky end? Them’s the breaks.

“Oh but what about permutation #329? Surely that’ll expose your hypocrisy and my moral superiority!”

If you break into someone’s home, with the intention of stealing their belongings, and you are met with lethal force, I think that’s fair enough. There are of course, many situations where an exemption would apply, but a run-of-the-mill burglar meeting a sticky end? Them’s the breaks.
Getting tougher in your older age Frijj mate!
100% agree

I think you are talking shite tbh and have started to backtrack already. If you feel your life is threatened then obviously you use whatever force necessary to defend yourself but if a intruder is trying to flee the scene you have no right whatsoever to kill them at all. You call the authorities and let them deal with it. Its got nowt to do with what property of yours they are trying to steal whether it be your car, in your garden or in your house. It all comes down to how threatened you or anybody in the area may be to how you deal with the situation

I think you are talking shite tbh and have started to backtrack already. If you feel your life is threatened then obviously you use whatever force necessary to defend yourself but if a intruder is trying to flee the scene you have no right whatsoever to kill them at all. You call the authorities and let them deal with it. Its got nowt to do with what property of yours they are trying to steal whether it be your car, in your garden or in your house. It all comes down to how threatened you or anybody in the area may be to how you deal with the situation

I’m not saying what the law is, so it’s entirely pointless to tell me what right I do and do not have. I know I have no legal right to shoot a burglar who is fleeing.

You’re arguing based on what the law is currently. I am not giving my interpretation of what the law is.

I am saying what I think it should be. Perhaps you misunderstood, because all your comments such as

“You have no right…”

“It doesn’t matter if…”

“You can’t…”

Aren’t telling me anything new. I know. I’m saying things should be different.

If I get woken up during the night, creep downstairs to see a burglary in progress and can stop it with force, if that force happens to be lethal, I think that should be fine. The alternative is let some f***ing thief ransack your home whilst cowering and waiting for the police.

I’m not saying what the law is, so it’s entirely pointless to tell me what right I do and do not have. I know I have no legal right to shoot a burglar who is fleeing.

You’re arguing based on what the law is currently. I am not giving my interpretation of what the law is.

I am saying what I think it should be. Perhaps you misunderstood, because all your comments such as

“You have no right…”

“It doesn’t matter if…”

“You can’t…”

Aren’t telling me anything new. I know. I’m saying things should be different.

If I get woken up during the night, creep downstairs to see a burglary in progress and can stop it with force, if that force happens to be lethal, I think that should be fine. The alternative is let some f***ing thief ransack your home whilst cowering and waiting for the police.

I don't have a single problem of anybody stopping anything with force if they think it necessary. I don't believe anybody should have the right to use excessive force if the culprit was for instance trying to flee or suitable restrained

I don't have a single problem of anybody stopping anything with force if they think it necessary. I don't believe anybody should have the right to use excessive force if the culprit was for instance trying to flee or suitable restrained

If restrained I would agree. If someone is getting away with your belongings though…

What if you break into someone's home without the intention of stealing?

What if there was no break-in and you left the front door wide open?

Last edited:

Back