15 Minute Cities etc

Any government that tries to limit the movement of people's lives like that will be voted out. People will simply not accept it.
And the one that is voted in to replace it will have identical policies. Two cheeks of the same stinking arse. We have a uniparty now, there is no opposition.

its worrying how many people fail to grasp the idea. its not rocket science

as if every neighbourhood of every city is going to have an international airport and a zoo
But there are not enough orangutans to go round.

It shows what a good job the conspiracy loons have done on this one. It is a really simple concept. Most everyday resources close at hand, and people travel further afield for the less common things. This is called the Sunderland Message Board. We are not all going to have a SAFC within 15 minutes. Doctors on your doorstep, go to the SoL on a weekend. It is not that hard to understand.

But some seem to think that EVERYTHING needs to be within 15 minutes and that is your life. A half hour diameter bubble. No wonder the French bloke who has been pushing this to success in Paris is laughing at the UK getting so wound up about the thought of a local park for everyone being a symbol of oppressive tyranny. It is quite shocking how a small number of loons jumped on the fear that covid lockdowns and pulled those little threads. Now it is implanted in the heads of hundreds of thousands that local facilities on your doorstep means some sort of dystopian prison.
And the one that is voted in to replace it will have identical policies. Two cheeks of the same stinking arse. We have a uniparty now, there is no opposition.
Will you stick by that when the manifestos come out and we find they are completely different?

I bet if someone bumps threads like these in 10 years time it will look like even more of a joke then, than it is now. I said similar in Covid, when a few people were claiming the great reset was upon us and I confidently stated that in 2 years time, restrictions would be lifted and we would be back to a normal life. Nobody has bumped those threads because guess what? If I wanted to jump in my car now (without a face mask) and drive to Cardiff on a whim, I could. All the paranoid and doom-mongering, was just noise.

People locked down in their locality is simply not going to happen in a Western democracy like the UK.

Last edited:
But there are not enough orangutans to go round.

It shows what a good job the conspiracy loons have done on this one. It is a really simple concept. Most everyday resources close at hand, and people travel further afield for the less common things. This is called the Sunderland Message Board. We are not all going to have a SAFC within 15 minutes. Doctors on your doorstep, go to the SoL on a weekend. It is not that hard to understand.

But some seem to think that EVERYTHING needs to be within 15 minutes and that is your life. A half hour diameter bubble. No wonder the French bloke who has been pushing this to success in Paris is laughing at the UK getting so wound up about the thought of a local park for everyone being a symbol of oppressive tyranny. It is quite shocking how a small number of loons jumped on the fear that covid lockdowns and pulled those little threads. Now it is implanted in the heads of hundreds of thousands that local facilities on your doorstep means some sort of dystopian prison.

i mean how do they even think it works, do they imagine a big circle that is 15 minutes walk to the edge from the centre. but if you lived on one edge, the other edge would be 30 mins away. i'm kind of imagining the big dome out of the simpsons movie. then the next dome along from us does the whole thing over again, with all facilities repeated. no one allowed to leave their dome otherwise they get fined.

you can never travel anywhere, you can't go on holiday, you can't go to the next city, you can't work outside of your zone... somewhere there is factories producing food and other goods that are shipped into each zone for us to buy, but the only jobs we can have are those that are needed inside our zone. how the fuck do they come up with this shit. no more tourism, no more spectator sports, no more railways or airlines

Logon or register to see this image

i mean how do they even think it works, do they imagine a big circle that is 15 minutes walk to the edge from the centre. but if you lived on one edge, the other edge would be 30 mins away. i'm kind of imagining the big dome out of the simpsons movie. then the next dome along from us does the whole thing over again, with all facilities repeated. no one allowed to leave their dome otherwise they get fined.

you can never travel anywhere, you can't go on holiday, you can't go to the next city, you can't work outside of your zone... somewhere there is factories producing food and other goods that are shipped into each zone for us to buy, but the only jobs we can have are those that are needed inside our zone. how the fuck do they come up with this shit. no more tourism, no more spectator sports, no more railways or airlines

With little star shaped patches of no man's land in-between 😄

Last edited:
Will you stick by that when the manifestos come out and we find they are completely different?
Politicians say lots of things in manifestos, then they get in power and don't do much of anything. They are just pigs with their snouts in a trough, and many of them went to the same schools. That is why changing party is so easy for them nowadays - they are just unprincipled professional politicians. O for a John Brown or Tony Benn... they would be deselected quick smart you can be sure. Not media friendly enough.

Politicians say lots of things in manifestos, then they get in power and don't do much of anything. They are just pigs with their snouts in a trough, and many of them went to the same schools. That is why changing party is so easy for them nowadays - they are just unprincipled professional politicians. O for a John Brown or Tony Benn... they would be deselected quick smart you can be sure. Not media friendly enough.

Angela Rayner grew up on a council estate and went to a normal comprhensive school, left with no GCSE's, whilst pregnant at 16, and did a social care A-level at a normal college before going to work for Stockport Council as a care worker

Boris Johnson, Rishi Sunak etc... were all born into privilege and wealth, and ushered through the best universities and private education money could buy, whilst being guaranteed high-paid jobs at the end of it regardless of skills or qualifications, due to their family links.

aye, exactly the same

Angela Rayner grew up on a council estate and went to a normal comprhensive school, left with no GCSE's, whilst pregnant at 16, and did a social care A-level at a normal college before going to work for Stockport Council as a care worker

Boris Johnson, Rishi Sunak etc... were all born into privilege and wealth, and ushered through the best universities and private education money could buy, whilst being guaranteed high-paid jobs at the end of it regardless of skills or qualifications, due to their family links.

aye, exactly the same
Exactly how much say do you think Angela Rayner will have in the unlikely event that she survives the current storm in a teacup? Sir Kier makes large about growing up in a working class family. He f***ing didn't. His dad may well have been a toolmaker - but he owned the f***ing business.

Exactly how much say do you think Angela Rayner will have in the unlikely event that she survives the current storm in a teacup? Sir Kier makes large about growing up in a working class family. He f***ing didn't. His dad may well have been a toolmaker - but he owned the f***ing business.
Kier Starmer did grow up in a working class family. 🤷

The shadow business secretary went to Houghton Kepier.

do you not think Tony Benn made money from his career in politics? you alluded to him, and i agree he was a great politician, but what makes you think Rayner and the likes aren't in it for the same purpose?

you said they all went to the same schools and are all pigs with their snouts in the trough... so far other than a £1500 accusation of a missed tax bill from 10 years ago, none of the Labour shadow cabinet have done anything wrong.. especially when compared to their Tory counterparts who are all well publicised corrupt millionaires open to the highest bidder

''all the same''

Braverman went to a private all-girls school and then straight to Cambridge

Last edited:

aye, exactly the same
What a waste of education on that pair of idiots. Also include Cameron, Osborne et al

Some of our local councillors are good people, irrespective of their party. That is the point - those clowns in Westminster have no allegiance other than to themselves. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Tories MORE, but that doesn't mean I don't despise the Labour central (shadow) cabinet. Oh for a revolution,....
What a waste of education on that pair of idiots. Also include Cameron, Osborne et al
Don't get me started on Cameron...

Some of our local councillors are good people, irrespective of their party. That is the point - those clowns in Westminster have no allegiance other than to themselves. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Tories MORE, but that doesn't mean I don't despise the Labour central (shadow) cabinet. Oh for a revolution,....

Why do you despise the shadow business secretary?

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Tories MORE, but that doesn't mean I don't despise the Labour central (shadow) cabinet. Oh for a revolution,....

i don't get how you arrive at this?

Rachel Reeves, Bridget Phillipson, Angela Rayner, Yvette Cooper, Wes Streeting.... they all just had normal upbringings.. or pretty difficult ones by the sounds of Streeting's childhood.

they've worked their way the political tree in the right way, why would you think they have an ulterior motive? i just don't understand how you can 'despise' these people. disagree with them, yes, but hatred? they are polar opposite to the tory front bench who for the most part should be in jail

That seems to be what the loons are thinking.

Clearly nobody will vote for a party that stands for that and even if as ouro says, the two main parties decide to support the idea of the only western democracy that restricts the movement of it's citizens, then another party will quickly get traction. We have seen how a party like Reform can grow in support. Imagine if a party was promising freedom against oppression that actually existed, rather than something made up?

Besides, a sudden shift to a society like that, as well as being unworkable, will completely crash the economy. Why would any government even what to do this?

Like all conspiracies it comes down to the question why? Did they take moon landings? Is the earth really flat? Was the Twin Towers terrorist attack a hoax? Nobody ever gives a valid reason for why.

That is why it is just a paranoid fantasy.

Metropolitan Elite, like all Labour voters.

Just remember that on election day when the votes come in. The street of the elitist dreams, that is where most of us here come from:

Last edited:

are many towns not like this already?

I've never lived in a big city but are they far from this now?

No i think you should unleash

are many towns not like this already?

I've never lived in a big city but are they far from this now?
I lived for more than 20 years 400m from Barnes park. When I moved in, there were butchers, bakers, and greengrocers (and a florist) within a a 5 minute walk. Now it is off licences, takeaways, and many, many, many barbers. 15 minute cities my hairy arse. Glad I moved to Tunstall. Where there are no greengrocers, butchers etc.. there are takeaways though.

I lived for more than 20 years 400m from Barnes park. When I moved in, there were butchers, bakers, and greengrocers (and a florist) within a a 5 minute walk. Now it is off licences, takeaways, and many, many, many barbers. 15 minute cities my hairy arse. Glad I moved to Tunstall. Where there are no greengrocers, butchers etc.. there are takeaways though.
There's all those things about 800 yards from Barnes Park. Then again about 1km away in Pallion.

How far is Grangetown main street away from Tunstall?

Last edited:

Back