15 Minute Cities etc

So it's definitely not a restriction - it's only a restriction for those who can't afford it -okay🤔

"People have always been asked to pay for behaviours bad for society and in general people agree with it."
So, they tell you leaving your 15 minute area is bad, very bad for the environment and very bad for society. So you cough up the money, because that's what the people do -you're right.
Thanks
@DaveH there's your answer how this hypothesis could come about.
🤣🤣.

You could say the same about anything, there's things that you can only do if you can afford it. There's no restrictions on how many flights you can take on a private jet, as long as you pay for it.

After the bold bit I'm not really sure what you are on about

🤣🤣.

You could say the same about anything, there's things that you can only do if you can afford it. There's no restrictions on how many flights you can take on a private jet, as long as you pay for it.

After the bold bit I'm not really sure what you are on about
People can't afford it that's the point-and plenty have been vocal about how it is restricting them.
It's staggering the hypocrisy surrounding this like. 'Anyway, the poorest don't own cars and those that do- tough!'
Nurses and carers having to spend their savings on new cars - Let's be honest the so called caring left couldn't give a rats arse.

People can't afford it that's the point-and plenty have been vocal about how it is restricting them.
There are grants of up to £2k available to anyone in London with a non-compliant vehicle to be used on buying a new one. You can also get big discounts on car clubs if you'd prefer to give up your car and only use one when you need it.

I don't think 15 minute cities are a threat or a danger, because I don't think in my life time they will happen. Human nature and business pressures will stop it.

A school within 15minutes sounds brilliant. As long as its a good school. If its not, parents will want to send their kid to a better one outside of their 15minute area.
A medical facility in a 15minute area, brilliant as long as it can cope with demand, otherwise people will travel outside of the 15mins anyway.

Big retail companies will still want their sites on cheaper retail parks, they can't all be within 15minutes. Yes home delivery could be a thing, but retail thrives on high profit impulse purchases people see in store. They'll not want to give that up

Ita a nice idea but it's just not something I think will work with our society.

I also stand by what I said. Those in power that think this is a really good idea will live outside of them anyway.

There’s no implication of any dangers! They’re just an urban planning concepts that put amenities closer to people who use them. At its heart it’s about sustainability
It’s typical conspiracy theorists use an inert concept and switch it round to being something sinister, like something out of madmax or the hunger games. There’s no restriction in or out of cities. It’s just people with an overactive imagination and social media accounts to get likes on.

I'm all for free speech but when you are a political candidate you have to have some level of decency. "You will receive your food by text, a calorie controlled meal where they will tell you what you can have". When someone with that level of political attention comes out with such utter unfounded conspiracy lies like that, they should have the candidacy removed and be banned from politics.

It is open bare faced lies with no foundation, designed to spread fear and mistrust. There is no place in politics for people like that.

I wonder if it's actually his dad using that account.
Slips in the occasional “my dad said this” or “my dad said that” just to keep the mods on their toes but we all know what’ll happen eventually. Even the poster does.
I'm all for free speech but when you are a political candidate you have to have some level of decency. "You will receive your food by text, a calorie controlled meal where they will tell you what you can have". When someone with that level of political attention comes out with such utter unfounded conspiracy lies like that, they should have the candidacy removed and be banned from politics.

It is open bare faced lies with no foundation, designed to spread fear and mistrust. There is no place in politics for people like that.
Where’ve you been for the last 13yrs marra?

Last edited:
It's staggering the hypocrisy surrounding this like. 'Anyway, the poorest don't own cars and those that do- tough!'
Nurses and carers having to spend their savings on new cars - Let's be honest the so called caring left couldn't give a rats arse.
But how is this 'restriction' different from anything else? I'm restricted from flying first class or driving a Ferrari. I can't afford it. Like your first sentence.

People generally support policies that encourage a better environment

i can't afford private healthcare or private schooling,so i dont buy those things

however, i can barely afford utility bills, car insurance, phone bill, mortgage payments, petrol, food, council tax etc.. but i am forced to buy those things. they restrict me massively from being able to spend my money on things i want to. so all of these things your are terrified of are actually already happening and have been for as long as any of us have been alive.

imagine ignoring all of that but convincing yourself that the government are going to start charging you to leave your area of the city

ministers can't even work out how to not send pictures of their own cocks to blackmailers on dating apps and can't manage to not sexually assault colleagues or know how to fill a car up with fuel and pay using a debit card, never mind implement something as utterly bizarre as what you are talking about

and if we put all of that to the side for one minute, and say that the government do want to lock us in our cities and fine us for leaving.. please tell... why? what benefit would they get out of it? it would clearly crash the economy .

and don't say 'the environment' when our own government facilitate their cooperate mates to pump millions of gallons of human shit into our natural waterways every day

Slips in the occasional “my dad said this” or “my dad said that” just to keep the mods on their toes but we all know what’ll happen eventually. Even the poster does.

Where’ve you been for the last 13yrs marra?
That is a very fair point.

With shite like this, it feels like it is getting worse. At least this cretin doesn't even feature in the polls, because the number of people who say they will vote for him is miniscule.

15 mins cities are just the latest craze amongst by online conspiracy theorists. There’ll be a new one comes along to dupe people into being scared for no reason. Notice how these subjects are of a circa.
Eg look at this great reset malarkey, the videos did the rounds on social media, the tinfoil hat brigade got all worked up,
Nothing happened. The argument moves to “it hasn’t happened yet”, then they fail to give evidence or a timescale. Just an undetermined, unspecified time scale of being fearful of something generated on social media.
You got to ask yourself what is the evidence for the claims?
Can I drive 15mins + out of the city without expecting to come to a barricade with armed soldiers preventing my thoroughfare? Yes of course I can
Has a great reset happened where people’s wealth has been confiscated, and we’ve got nothing….but we’re happy? No of course it hasn’t happened……..same for mandated vaccinations…….same for 5g mind control

Ultimately people who believe these things are dictated to by content online…..despite their protestations than others are sheeple………the views they express are a reproduction of what others have already said online. They are echoing comments and content that’s become tailored made to their interests via algorithms
Social media companies use behaviour modification techniques that is a bonanza for engagement. It just so happens negative fearful content such as right wing populism, is the most engaging and therefore the most influential

Last edited:

Back