10 years of pop recs

It's absolute class like isn't it?

Seen The Charlatans at their first place for about 12 quid. Queue was down the street. Was in the current place the other week and the gig venue looks mint. Was gutted DEHD cancelled a few month back as was looking forward to my first visit. Long may it continue.
Lol queuing. Wad ya dare.

Used to have a coffee in the Stockton Rd one after my occasional daytime town centre constitutional. Still not been near the new one. Even that was a great asset to the area. Well done F&THs

I’m absolutely awful at keeping up with what’s happening in Sunderland, I didn’t even know the fire station had events on. Just looked and seen pop recs has Rev and the makers and electric six on. 2 class gigs for the city!

Possibly a dedicated can and bottle bar or more people serving at least

The youngest works there and she was on the bar on Saturday and said it was the most challenging shift she's had, she's done 8 months there and used to the busy-ness, but said there were some proper arseholes in giving her grief about it......think maybe the place does attract a generally nice crowd who maybe tolerate the bars shortcomings, but Sat seemed to be the exception.

I do get people getting frustrated, but middle aged gadgies (and a wifey) giving a teenage lass a load of shit cos they had to wait brought the protective Da out in me, and had she told me this while the gig was still on, I'd have been down there bouncing a placca pint pot off his angry bonce :lol:

More staff would be counter productive due to the size of the bar and limited pumps, and the can bar has been mentioned, but it's a case of where it goes as it will inevitably create a second queue.....it's down to Pop Recs to come up with a fix, or accept that people who can't get a quick(er) pint maybe won't come back, but highly doubt that's the motivator for what they do.

The youngest works there and she was on the bar on Saturday and said it was the most challenging shift she's had, she's done 8 months there and used to the busy-ness, but said there were some proper arseholes in giving her grief about it......think maybe the place does attract a generally nice crowd who maybe tolerate the bars shortcomings, but Sat seemed to be the exception.

I do get people getting frustrated, but middle aged gadgies (and a wifey) giving a teenage lass a load of shit cos they had to wait brought the protective Da out in me, and had she told me this while the gig was still on, I'd have been down there bouncing a placca pint pot off his angry bonce :lol:

More staff would be counter productive due to the size of the bar and limited pumps, and the can bar has been mentioned, but it's a case of where it goes as it will inevitably create a second queue.....it's down to Pop Recs to come up with a fix, or accept that people who can't get a quick(er) pint maybe won't come back, but highly doubt that's the motivator for what they do.

People gan on like right pricks about getting a drink. It’s nee hardship to watch a band for a hour without hoying drinks down yer neck.

Back