10 teenagers found guilty of murder in Houghton case

My work overlooks the Court and at one point 4 police cars with sirens turned up with coppers all racing inside the courthouse. Must have kicked off inside.
Houghton Residents Facey page will be lit up tonight.

Bet a fair chunk of the families are wailing on social media about how no one can judge their little angles but god and people should shut up because you don't know he's a good lad really he always sees his nana on a Sunday and on and on and on and on and on rather than look in the mirror and ask how they raised a feral animal.
That’s all you hear from scratters “only god judges me, i dont give a f•ck about no1 etc” blah blah

Utter scumbags. Everyone of their family should have to hand over every penny of their worth to offset part of the cost of these vermin being locked up.

You've listed some contributing factors but that's not exactly absolute. Not everyone in those situations that you listed turns into pondlife, let alone outright murderers.
As you say, I have listed SOME factors. I also forgot to put "This is not a definitive list". Perhaps I should have.

Rest in Peace young man. One person who did not deserve to die and 10 who have ruined their own lives.

My thoughts remain with his family and friends.

My heart is in Houghton and thinking of all those affected.
I can’t bring myself to read the full report tbh.Poor lad.
Too upsetting and having two teenage boys who are starting to go out more. Fills me with absolute dread .

The reporting restrictions apply until the defendants are 18, thereafter they can apply to retain their anonymity but it is rarely granted. In my experience the press tend to be quite on the ball and report details relatively instantly.

The court can also lift a reporting restriction before the defendants are 18 if it is in the interests of justice to do so but that’s not likely to be the case here.

Back