10 teenagers found guilty of murder in Houghton case

bit devils advocate here and probably already determined for tomorrow, but could the judge increase sentences now on pretext there could be a chance ( albeit however small or large ) the sentences are reduced on appeal ?

Bit pointless if they’ll be reduced anyway!

No judge wants the Court of Appeal saying they were wrong either!

I don’t support the death penalty but cases like this test my resolve on that.

I know people say kids were always bad, but there’s something about modern society that is warping the minds of our young people today.

Barely a day goes by without teenagers stabbing each other, or other people, even just random strangers.

A shocking case. 30 teenagers, not a gang but a crowd, chased him and his friends down for a fight.

What the fuck is going on when there are crowds of teenagers roaming the street looking to violently assault strangers?

Was it not only last year a man was randomly stabbed to death by a group of teenagers in the middle of Newcastle?

The chair is too good for them. Put the lot of them behind bars. Forever.

It's horrific and barbaric, but it isn't death penalty level stuff not least given the age involved.

It was 2018. A Lawyer and a dad got stabbed in the heart with a screwdriver outside of the Eldon Square in broad daylight and died.

It is indeed a huge problem that so many teachers are feral running around with knives thinking they're hard, look at the Connor Brown murder in Sunderland too.

There need to be much, much tougher penalties for this, and education to go with it to young people that if they do this, they face no future but a hefty prison sentence.

It's horrific and barbaric, but it isn't death penalty level stuff not least given the age involved.

It was 2018. A Lawyer and a dad got stabbed in the heart with a screwdriver outside of the Eldon Square in broad daylight and died.

It is indeed a huge problem that so many teachers are feral running around with knives thinking they're hard,
look at the Connor Brown murder in Sunderland too.

There need to be much, much tougher penalties for this, and education to go with it to young people that if they do this, they face no future but a hefty prison sentence.
Crikey I arnly got a Blackboard rubber hoyed at me and the cane

Not saying all of the parents are the same but I bet the large majority are pond life ! Kids are largely influenced by their parents, I get that some kids are easily led and 1 or 2 can go off the rails but in this specific case I find that hard to believe. I also dont believe that they all did not know their mate was carrying a knife. They should spend a minimum of 25 years in jail but we all know some will be roaming the streets in 5 or 6 years.

Not saying all of the parents are the same but I bet the large majority are pond life ! Kids are largely influenced by their parents, I get that some kids are easily led and 1 or 2 can go off the rails but in this specific case I find that hard to believe. I also dont believe that they all did not know their mate was carrying a knife. They should spend a minimum of 25 years in jail but we all know some will be roaming the streets in 5 or 6 years.
what's going on with your username? are you an android?

Yep, apparently one set are normal folk and were mortified at their sons involvement. The rest however, you are probably right about.

The one who stabbed him has been given a minimum of 17 years. He’ll be 32 when he will be able to be considered for release. Will still have his whole life ahead of him, unlike the lad he killed.

Do you have any info on the "disturbance" outside, did their mates literally turn up to cause trouble in protest?

Do you have any info on the "disturbance" outside, did their mates literally turn up to cause trouble in protest?
Just what I’ve seen on Twitter. There’s a woman helping them campaign against the joint enterprise convictions, her Twitter handle is @Jliffe. She posted a little video from outside and looks like loads of family and friends turned up and were surprised when only one person per family was allowed to go in.

The Britannia pub in Houghton next to where it happened has decided to not even open today so they’re obviously anticipating bother later on.

Just what I’ve seen on Twitter. There’s a woman helping them campaign against the joint enterprise convictions, her Twitter handle is @Jliffe. She posted a little video from outside and looks like loads of family and friends turned up and were surprised when only one person per family was allowed to go in.

The Britannia pub in Houghton next to where it happened has decided to not even open today so they’re obviously anticipating bother later on.
I saw they weren't opening - I never put two and two together.

Back