1 point from a possible 21

What we need has been plain to see for a long period of time now.

But reeling off we need at least 2 decent strikers, a CDM, some experience, a proper manage, oh and the small matter of dealing with the fall out of losing our best player Clarke. That’s fine, but what on earth makes anyone think that the club can deal with turning this all around in a small off season window, especially given how many times we’ve had chances to resolve these points previously.

Simms wasn’t that good for us. Miles better than what we have now but wasn’t missed when he went back
He was still pretty raw when he was with us but you could clearly see the potential, a decent back-up for Ross Stewart at the time. I think many of us on here rate Mark Robins as a good coach and he's certainly improved Simm's game. He'll be near the top of a lot of Premier clubs shopping lists in the Summer. Oh I got slated when suggesting average strikers to sign like Tom Eaves or Jerry Yates to replace Simms, but let now be honest, Tom Eaves is miles better than what we have now up front.

The poor performances didn't start the minute Mowbray got the sack. Let's not forget how bad we were towards the end of his time here. Boro and Huddersfield spring to mind.

Jobe cannot play number 10 would be better with him upfront and deck ten Kobe is too slow in feet and thought gets constantly caught on the ball
We shouldn't have sold Pritchard. Jobe's best position for me is up top but he's clearly not garna play him there, and if he's garna get caught with the ball I'd rather him be further up the pitch tbh

What we need has been plain to see for a long period of time now.

But reeling off we need at least 2 decent strikers, a CDM, some experience, a proper manage, oh and the small matter of dealing with the fall out of losing our best player Clarke. That’s fine, but what on earth makes anyone think that the club can deal with turning this all around in a small off season window, especially given how many times we’ve had chances to resolve these points previously.
This. Let's not forget, they can't or won't sort the condition of the sol and have had a lot longer to do that.

We shouldn't have sold Pritchard. Jobe's best position for me is up top but he's clearly not garna play him there, and if he's garna get caught with the ball I'd rather him be further up the pitch tbh
It’s a bad habit that he needs to get rid of, sometimes he’s got 3 yards head start I dunno if he thinks he’s quicker than what his is or what they nearly broke and scored a few times off him getting tackled

I hadn't believed that the owner was here as a stepping stone to bigger things.
But this season has changed my mind.
I think he's showing his mam that he can run a small/medium sized business whilst spending very little ( if any ) of his own money.
She might then let him spend more on a team in France.

In league one he was too before the baldy snake took owa
Fair point.
Sleep walking to relegation next season. Not a hope in hell this spiral of decline will be miraculously reversed in the space of two months.
No chance under these clowns.
I don't think we are sleepwalking to relegation. With the current set up we are running towards it at Olympics 100m champion pace.

Last edited:
Well done the powers that be, you must know what you're doing taking us to the next level.
Do you daft twats think the owners actually wanted this? There’s things in life that work and things in life that don’t work, plenty of mistakes are made and people learn from it all.

Grow up and stop acting like whining tarts!

One of the worst decisions in recent memory was sacking Mowbray and not having a replacement immediately in the running.

Now we're stuck with Speakshiteman's best mate and a makeshift team with a League One loanee as our marquee January signing playing worse football than you'd see at 9th level Seaham Red Star. f***ing tremendous stuff.

Fair point.

I don't think we are sleepwalking to relegation. With the current set up we are running towards it at Olympics 100m champion pace.
We're going into the close season off the back of relegation form, zero momentum, no permanent head coach in place, an owner who will not invest and set to sell our only decent player(s). Add to that increasing fan discontent and we are in deep doo doo under this ownership/model.

Simms wasn’t that good for us. Miles better than what we have now but wasn’t missed when he went back

He was missed the second Stewart tore his Achilles and every second since.
It's just been in the last few weeks that he's managed to get out of his seemingly permanent slumber man

He tore Wolves a new arsehole yesterday. I have a friend who is a season ticket holder who said - seriously - he’s the best striker they’ve faced all year.

I’m not saying he’s that level or even that he was amazing for us, he was decent, nothing more. But fuck me - look at what we’ve had since. The gap is enormous.

Last edited:

Back