1 point from a possible 21

Sacking Mowbray :lol: dear me what a stupid decision that was, he had these lads playing at their absolute ceiling in terms of ability last season & they loved playing for him all he needed/possibly asked for was a bit experience CF,DM - had speakman listened & done his job we`d have been challenging this season instead he sacked him & left us with the shite we`ve had/got right now - massive summer ahead otherwise next season will be hideous

And if I am well informed Mowbray's beef with the board was the refusal to buy a striker who could guarantee goals ,- something shared by 100% of the fan base.

If the board wanted Will Still, why not wait until he was ready to come.

Is it possible to do do things worse?

As a former manager of ill repute always used to say " we've shot ourselves in the foot"

Well yes, they could do it worse. I suppose they could have offered the job to horseface😄
Good job we had points in the bank before this disaster. Well done the powers that be, you must know what you're doing taking us to the next level.
And while Beale flashed his pan oncpan.
And if I am well informed Mowbray's beef with the board was the refusal to buy a striker who could guarantee goals ,- something shared by 100% of the fan base.

If the board wanted Will Still, why not wait until he was ready to come.

Is it possible to do do things worse?

As a former manager of ill repute always used to say " we've shot ourselves in the foot"

Well yes, they could do it worse. I suppose they could have offered the job to horseface😄

And while Beale flashed his pan oncpan.
Correction. Post should read.
"And while Beale flashed his pan once, Dodds hasn't even managed to turn on the cooker."

Last edited:

Sleep walking to relegation next season. Not a hope in hell this spiral of decline will be miraculously reversed in the space of two months.
No chance under these clowns.
Very much got the feel of 2001/02 about it where we went into free fall second half of that season and we could see relegation coming in 2002/03 a mile off.

He was still pretty raw when he was with us but you could clearly see the potential, a decent back-up for Ross Stewart at the time. I think many of us on here rate Mark Robins as a good coach and he's certainly improved Simm's game. He'll be near the top of a lot of Premier clubs shopping lists in the Summer. Oh I got slated when suggesting average strikers to sign like Tom Eaves or Jerry Yates to replace Simms, but let now be honest, Tom Eaves is miles better than what we have now up front.
You what!? Simms is nowhere near good enough for prem lol

We've been pretty minging in the main, it's a shame after how well we started the season.
All we can hope for now is survival in the championship and that decent additions come in for next season.

Sacking Mowbray :lol: dear me what a stupid decision that was, he had these lads playing at their absolute ceiling in terms of ability last season & they loved playing for him all he needed/possibly asked for was a bit experience CF,DM - had speakman listened & done his job we`d have been challenging this season instead he sacked him & left us with the shite we`ve had/got right now - massive summer ahead otherwise next season will be hideous
Mowbray may have walked equally as much as he was pushed, we will never know.

But if Speakman is 'director of football' or whatever, then shirley it was his job to understand to what level Mowbray was getting a tune out of these players?
Should KS be on the training ground sidelines just watching and taking the sessions in?
Should he know what the manager is doing in terms of getting playing results from the squad,

looks like he didn't do any of the above as just sat on his arse expecting someone else to do it...
major failure this season. if this was any other jobs, like a sales director, he would now be sacked.

:lol: :lol: :lol: The f*cking state of this
Aye. As spectacular a case of missing the point entirely as I’ve heard of.
Mowbray may have walked equally as much as he was pushed, we will never know.

But if Speakman is 'director of football' or whatever, then shirley it was his job to understand to what level Mowbray was getting a tune out of these players?
Should KS be on the training ground sidelines just watching and taking the sessions in?
Should he know what the manager is doing in terms of getting playing results from the squad,

looks like he didn't do any of the above as just sat on his arse expecting someone else to do it...
major failure this season. if this was any other jobs, like a sales director, he would now be sacked.
Aye.
KS and KLD seem to believe the clubs resurgence is primarily down to the data led scouting system and that any badge holding coach can get a collective tune out of the first team squad. They’ve now twice arrogantly sacked the HC with no workable plan for who will replace them. They got lucky twice when Neil applied and with Mowbray already regularly attending games.

We can only hope for all our sakes they’re not only capable of learning from their mistakes but of improving their processes because they won’t have as much ST money to back up their hunches this summer as they had last year.

Last edited:
I know we had a few terrible runs in the premier league but when you compare the teams we have played to get that measly one point it’s just embarrassing. We are at a low as bad as we were going down to league one. Arguably worse because we didn’t do that bad a run that season. As you say it’s just lucky we had a good start to the season.

Back