👀 Tim Martin’s wallet.

Whats the difference between an expat and an immigrant?
Calling Brits abroad ex pat's I've noticed seems to upset a few on here. When the difference between the two terms crops up on threads.. For some reason they want them called migrants or immigrants.

It's just what we call Brits who live abroad usually not permanently. The country they have moved to will call them migrants but we say ex pat's. Other countries use the same or have a similar term for their migrators.
Hope that's cleared it up for those that didn't know. Or didn't want to know. :)

I wish Victors was still a spoons.
I went in there one Friday night earlier this year. It was dead apart from a group of lads who looked very like Freddy Mercury. I thought to myself 'is this a gay bar now'. Vests, colourful trousers and taches seemed to be the norm. Then I realised it was a stag party and they were all dressed as Freddy. :lol:
Other than the stag party and us there was only one other person in and that was about 10 o'clock on a Friday night. How that stays open is beyond me. It was always crowded as a spoons.

I went in there one Friday night earlier this year. It was dead apart from a group of lads who looked very like Freddy Mercury. I thought to myself 'is this a gay bar now'. Vests, colourful trousers and taches seemed to be the norm. Then I realised it was a stag party and they were all dressed as Freddy. :lol:
Other than the stag party and us there was only one other person in and that was about 10 o'clock on a Friday night. How that stays open is beyond me. It was always crowded as a spoons.
I though the whole town was dead on Fridays these days?

I went into Victor's before the Norwich game a few weeks ago. I was fairly busy but not as packed as it used to be on a match day.

And there we have it...😆
You have not answered why does it matter to you now. You didn’t vote. I voted remain. Check my posting history. Remainer all the way. The difference between me and you is I know that no matter how much I stamp my feet like a little girl things ain’t going to change even Starmer understands this.

But my question still stands. Why do you get such pleasure from Brexit not working? Is it that since the girlfriend dumped you it’s the only pleasure you get nowadays?

Did you not read my post? You can google the definition.

Apologies, I missed that bit.
I see your point.

It seems to me that saying "expat" gives them some kind of superiority complex over "immigrants".
So you have someone Spanish moving to the UK and becomes a citizen. They're still an immigrant - apparently.
But you have Beryl and Brian in Benedorm who "come home" now and again - probably to stretch the NHS even further - and they're apparently "expats".

Doesn't seem right to me, but there we are.

Apologies, I missed that bit.
I see your point.

It seems to me that saying "expat" gives them some kind of superiority complex over "immigrants".
So you have someone Spanish moving to the UK and becomes a citizen. They're still an immigrant - apparently.
But you have Beryl and Brian in Benedorm who "come home" now and again - probably to stretch the NHS even further - and they're apparently "expats".

Doesn't seem right to me, but there we are.
I can see your point too but ex pat is a thing. My niece went to USA for 4 years because of work. She was never an immigrant. She was British and never once thought of swearing allegiance to US flag.

Back