👀 Tim Martin’s wallet.

What you expect, Beverly the bloke is a total knob, his staff of course who he said. Less than 2 and half years ago during the high end of lockdown one, get a job in Tesco. Hopefully the staff were able to re locate to better employment.

I think you will find the staff could got their salary 80% furloughed from Wetherspoons and could still go and work in Tesco. Good advice if you ask me
I don’t know maybe, pay his staff in the first place until the government support package came online, after all he’s worth 40 million, maybe people wouldn’t consider him a total knob otherwise.

Do you know how tiny ÂŁ40m is in relation to this business. It generated tax revenues valued at ÂŁ6 billion over 10 years

Last edited:
I think they do a job. I don’t drink in them regularly, but they are fine for meeting mates for a few cheap pints and some food.

I do think some of the food is marginal and I have had some microwave slop on occasion.

I will continue to use them when the occasion is right.

I think they do a job. I don’t drink in them regularly, but they are fine for meeting mates for a few cheap pints and some food.

I do think some of the food is marginal and I have had some microwave slop on occasion.

I will continue to use them when the occasion is right.

Like in 20 mins Jeff? Spoons open at 8 if you fancy a mender / livener

I am sure they sell off properties all the time.

They do have regular reviews of their property portfolio as with any other pub or retail chain. The last round of sell offs included the Union Rooms in Newcastle and the Lambton Worm in Sunderland.

Spoons may not be my first (or second) choice of a place to go but they have their uses, especially when travelling around the country. They go along with Premier Inn, Travelodge and chain restaurants in that you know what you are going to get.

I have no time for Tim Martin at all but If I avoided every pub where I disagreed with the politics of the owner then I'd be very thirsty. You'd just think that with all of his money he could afford decent haircut and shirt. He wouldn't get a job in one of his pubs if he turned up for looking the way he does.
Looking at the closure list, the Angel in Islington is one of the worst in London. It's tiny and in an expensive location so not really surprised that is going. Penderel's Oak is bigger but is a very dingy place and has the much better Shakespeare's Head around the corner.

Last edited:
They do have regular reviews of their property portfolio as with any other pub or retail chain. The last round of sell offs included the Union Rooms in Newcastle and the Lambton Worm in Sunderland.

Spoons may not be my first (or second) choice of a place to go but they have their uses, especially when travelling around the country. They go along with Premier Inn, Travelodge and chain restaurants in that you know what you are going to get.

I have no time for Tim Martin at all but If I avoided every pub where I disagreed with the politics of the owner then I'd be very thirsty. You'd just think that with all of his money he could afford decent haircut and shirt. He wouldn't get a job in one of his pubs if he turned up for looking the way he does.
Looking at the closure list, the Angel in Islington is one of the worst in London. It's tiny and in an expensive location so not really surprised that is going. Penderel's Oak is bigger but is a very dingy place and has the much better Shakespeare's Head around the corner.
I liked the Union rooms and still go the the Mile Castle. Good meeting up point if people are arriving by train or metro.

Haway the 17.4 million true patriots,you really need to get out more and support the Spoons chain.God forbid it going under or being bought out by some rich devil worshipping global elite establishment.Haway Tim get them doors open at 6am.

I liked the Union rooms and still go the the Mile Castle. Good meeting up point if people are arriving by train or metro.

Yes the Union Rooms was one of their better establishments. Handy for a couple of quick beers before getting the Metro over to Sunderland.

Well then why would that be? What’s happened to the levelling up and high wage economy the tories won an election on?

He would undercut any wage or condition he could.

The government allow employers like him to do it. That’s who you need to be questioning as to why, when they promised the exact opposite
The one I was in at the weekend was advertising ÂŁ12 per/hour cleaners, ÂŁ10.50 per/hour bar staff. Shares. Free meals when working, and 20% for yourself and friends when not working.

Thought it sounded canny, hardly Scrooge-like figure some try and make out. Can only assume it's political, with those whose minds were broken by Brexit trying to bring him down. Sad.
Get Brexit done! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Ah, there's one there
I think you will find the staff could got their salary 80% furloughed from Wetherspoons and could still go and work in Tesco. Good advice if you ask me

Do you know how tiny ÂŁ40m is in relation to this business. It generated tax revenues valued at ÂŁ6 billion over 10 years
Told them not to worry about bailing on Whetherspoons, they needed to do what was best for themselves and families.

Remoaners: "Boo! Hitler!"

There's obvioisly an agenda against him from Remoaners. Sad to see them celebrating any bit of bad news they can get their hands on.

Last edited:
I'm no fan of spoons. Most of them are shite but if they're struggling under current conditions it doesn't bode well for the industry in general.

Went in the Shakespeare’s head when down for the Charlton play off final.

Haway the 17.4 million true patriots,you really need to get out more and support the Spoons chain.God forbid it going under or being bought out by some rich devil worshipping global elite establishment.Haway Tim get them doors open at 6am.
Says the man who voted remain but lives abroad, you couldn’t make it up.

I reckon and it’s not aimed at you bomber but a lot of other expats are furious as there young girlfriends can’t come over here as they please, forcing fat middle aged alcoholics to run the gauntlet of leaving there very attractive girlfriends at home.

Back