🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v New Zealand 🇳🇿 2nd ODI - Ageas Bowl

That’s a fantastic win from the start we had. Livingstone is an incredible talent. A proper star if he could add that bit more consistency
It’s a good win, but two batsmen papered over the cracks a bit imo.

Worrying combined score of 9 from the first 4 opening batsmen. I’d rather see Malan and Brook open, right hand left hand.

I can see them dropping Brook for Malan though, which I wouldn’t agree with, but is fair enough at this stage given the other two’s experience and record.

Personally, I don’t see why Zak Crawley isn’t opening considering his Ashes performances. Realistically, I can’t see why we’re not just opening with Duckett and Crawley, we play Test cricket in ODI style anyway.

All This outrage of brook is ridiculous like

He doesn’t get in the XI. So it’s just a debate about being. Reserve batsman

Roy and Malan are better openers and he can’t bowl so he doesn’t get in the middle order

I don’t really see where it’s all come from.

All This outrage of brook is ridiculous like

He doesn’t get in the XI. So it’s just a debate about being. Reserve batsman

Roy and Malan are better openers and he can’t bowl so he doesn’t get in the middle order

I don’t really see where it’s all come from.
Yeah agree, it’s him or Stokes. Leaving out Malan/Roy is irrelevant they bat top 3. Brook will be one of the 3 reserves going anyway

Yeah agree, it’s him or Stokes. Leaving out Malan/Roy is irrelevant they bat top 3. Brook will be one of the 3 reserves going anyway

Yeah, like I’d probably have him in the squad, but it’s been dominating every newspaper column, pundit etc. he’s not in the XI anyway so I just think it’s not a big deal

50 over is a class format for me, I don’t buy this argument it’s just a long t20. I think experience of playing 50 over cricket in high pressure is vital and Roy should be backed for me, if he struggles badly then you have great insurance in Malan as a quality, safe opener to come in

Then if stokes or whoever breaks a finger in the middle order, brook can come in there

Don’t see it as a big deal

Some pitches will be flat there but some will turn and Livingston and root will be important.

I don’t see stokes bowling at all. So there’s no way brook can play

Back