🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England v Australia 🇦🇺 2nd Ashes Test - Lords - 28th June

We are agreed it is very bad and is exactly what Australia did yesterday. It’s not excusing McCullum at all but the fact that he did acknowledge that what he did do was very wrong adds strength to the argument that what Australia did yesterday was also wrong. McCullum has said he has to live with his actions and so will Carey. I just don’t think it bothers them.
It doesn't bother them because they think what they did was right. Some of them are even still defending Starc's catch. McGrath should never be allowed back.on tms after all his nonsense.

On twitter that journalist has had the gall to say her 8yo was out in the same way and didn't complain so much. It seems to be a national trait, a total lack of selfawareness

From Justin Langer a while back:
“At the moment our reputation isn’t great,” he said. “It’s really important for our society that we start building heroes for our kids. That’s how the game will keep thriving. It’s not just about being good cricketers, but good people who play the right way. We’re going to have to keep doing it [the right thing] over and over because people will keep coming back and smacking us down. It takes a long time to build a reputation but only one act to smash it down . .

Now you cant hardly say that the act yesterday is the Aussies trying to win back friends and influence people thats for sure :lol:
Well they booted him didn't they, which I think tells its own story

It doesn't bother them because they think what they did was right. Some of them are even still defending Starc's catch. McGrath should never be allowed back.on tms after all his nonsense.

On twitter that journalist has had the gall to say her 8yo was out in the same way and didn't complain so much. It seems to be a national trait, a total lack of selfawareness
Did McGrath make any comment on the Starc catch the following day after Ersmus explained and pointed out the rules?

Tbh their attitude is annoying me now. They can never ever complain if they lose a batsmen to a mankad or anything judging by langers words also. Bet they would be the first to complain if it happend to them
Fair play to stokes

The irony of that headline is hilarious, tears and tantrums over the starc catch and the same after taking a bit of stick from the long room knobheads.

They love dishing it out but cant take it when it’s given back

And how many times has he been batting in an important innings and not done that? His average is 35. Nobody does what he can do at his apex with any consistency. They are freak events in every sense of the word.

That's not a criticism, just an observation that despite yesterday's feats suggesting the contrary he *is* mortal.
Even Ponting, when he was finally done defending Carey yesterday, pointed to Stokes' average as proof that you can't judge a player based on such a linear statistic.
Virat Kohli yesterday said Stokes was the best competitor he's known/seen in cricket.
Stokes has produced truly remarkable, once-in-a-generation - not merely exceptional - performances at least four times against the world's very best at the biggest moments. He's won us a World Cup and single-handedly kept matches and series alive.
Averages? Cricket's modern-day greats know they aren't a true measure of a player.
But you obviously know better.

Agreed

Same old aussies always immoral doesn’t quite have the same ring to it 🤣🤣
No and we need some good chants for next week. I’m there first two days. I do like “Aussie Aussie Aussie, Cheat Cheat Cheat”. And I was wondering if a variant of the Packer era “come on Aussie come on, come on” but instead with a more, ahem, Anglo Saxon dismissal (it scans perfectly) might catch on.

But in the end we need to do our talking on the field. No more mates. Play as hard as they do. If you get the chance again (and we did in the first two games) it’s not about having fun it’s about grinding the bastards into the dirt. Finish it this time.

Its where they are as a cricketing nation and as people. After Sandpaper gate they acknowledge a need to change. To be whiter than white, to win friends and influence people as Langer acknowledged. They just cant do it winning just means too much. Todays 'sharp practice' becomes tomorrows Sandpaper gate rinse and repeat.

No and we need some good chants for next week. I’m there first two days. I do like “Aussie Aussie Aussie, Cheat Cheat Cheat”. And I was wondering if a variant of the Packer era “come on Aussie come on, come on” but instead with a more, ahem, Anglo Saxon dismissal (it scans perfectly) might catch on.

But in the end we need to do our talking on the field. No more mates. Play as hard as they do. If you get the chance again (and we did in the first two games) it’s not about having fun it’s about grinding the bastards into the dirt. Finish it this time.
To be honest in the cricket world I couldn’t think of anything more fun than grinding the bastards into the dirt

Even Ponting, when he was finally done defending Carey yesterday, pointed to Stokes' average as proof that you can't judge a player based on such a linear statistic.
Virat Kohli yesterday said Stokes was the best competitor he's known/seen in cricket.
Stokes has produced truly remarkable, once-in-a-generation - not merely exceptional - performances at least four times against the world's very best at the biggest moments. He's won us a World Cup and single-handedly kept matches and series alive.
Averages? Cricket's modern-day greats know they aren't a true measure of a player.
But you obviously know better.
Exactly well said my man!

Back