★★★★ Scunthorpe vs Sunderland ★★★★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunne and Flanagan were allnover the place all game but were put under undue pressure by our midfield not winnjng second balls and full backs not preventing crosses.

I'm f***ing furious at O'Nien letting that lad get the ball in from right at the corner flag in the lead up to their goal.
Flanagan's desire to hoof the ball aimlessly miles into the air is Wearside League stuff.

Trying to be funny marra?

Point is we've drawn to many of our last 19 to think we have a chance.
We haven't drawn too many to think we have a chance. If we'd drawn too many to think we have a chance we would be out of touch with the leaders at this stage. Panic is shoving logic to one side on here ffs.

I beg your pardon! I never promised you a rose garden.
Along with the sunshine, there has to be some rain sometime!
I don’t expect us to plough through the opposition every game, especially given recent upheavals. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect us to be doing better than we are.

They have lost twice in 27 league games, are 3rd in the league and just 4 points off the top, Im not sure you can claim they are not dealing with it......If you had offered anybody on this board that before the season kicked off they would have ripped your hands off, a sizeable minority were saying we would be relegated again.
Exactly. I didn’t expect us to be third at this point in the season and like others I expected a relegation fight.

They have lost twice in 27 league games, are 3rd in the league and just 4 points off the top, Im not sure you can claim they are not dealing with it......If you had offered anybody on this board that before the season kicked off they would have ripped your hands off, a sizeable minority were saying we would be relegated again.
This kind of performance and result will mean we will be lucky to be in the play offs others are closing in. The sizeable majority think it would be a scandal if we weren't promoted this season

One player who I like by the way has energy ? What about the others we need energy all over the pitch ! I'm sure Luton had it everywhere today

The idea there is not energy all over the team is ridiculous.

09, James, Power, Watmore, McGeady, Flanagan and Dunne, Maja, McGuire......Energy and effort is not the issue, the ability to deliver a decent dead ball is probably our biggest issue, we win loads of corners and free kicks and rarely convert any of them. Our other biggest issues is a goal poaching striker, Maja gets a lot of those individual goals but we seem to lack someone who will be in the right places to get those tap ins when the ball breaks loose in the box. Hopefully Grigg will be that player.

Our big problem is midfield - we are just not controlling/dominating games. It is so slow, pedestrian and useless.

Power has been terrible since his last red card was overturned - seems scared to get involved. Catts & Power is an awful combination and Gooch is off form too.

Think we really need to shake this up -- I was surprised McGeoch was dropped. maybe it's time to get O'Nien into centre midfield and give us some drive.

I think he's had the most out of (in the main) a very average set of players. This division is a proper slog and additional quality is essential .
That's the point they are average or in Cattermoles case finished. Other teams have just got the odd quality player at this level with the drive and energy we lack at the moment. People saying the likes of Watmore is the answer are wrong and don't get me started on Wyke !

This kind of performance and result will mean we will be lucky to be in the play offs others are closing in. The sizeable majority think it would be a scandal if we weren't promoted this season

Absolute nonsense, there is literally nothing to suggest we wont make the play offs if not the top 2.....We are 7 points ahead of Doncaster in 7th with a game in hand, do you honestly think they are capable of making that up on us? Some of the posts on here are just bed wetting shite.

It’s been disappointing lately no doubt, but some of the extremes on both sides are hilarious to read. This board man :lol:
This pissy pants and bed wetting always makes me laugh too, as does happy clappers.
You can be worried without being a bed wetter you can be a little bit more positive without being a happy clapper.

We’ve only had two shots on target in the entire game today. That’s abysmal.

This stat on the “most league games scored in in a row” is masking a massive problem. We are not creating chances and we are not dominating games like a team that wants to be promoted should. He has to free up an extra midfielder to get forward. There is no reason whatsoever to play with two defensive midfielders. None.

Absolute nonsense, there is literally nothing to suggest we wont make the play offs if not the top 2.....We are 7 points ahead of Doncaster in 7th with a game in hand, do you honestly think they are capable of making that up on us? Some of the posts on here are just bed wetting shite.
Please yourself it's all opinions and I disagree with yours I'll live

We’ve only had two shots on target in the entire game today. That’s abysmal.

This stat on the “most league games scored in in a row” is masking a massive problem. We are not creating chances and we are not dominating games like a team that wants to be promoted should. He has to free up an extra midfielder to get forward. There is no reason whatsoever to play with two defensive midfielders. None.
I cannot understand this at all ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back