“We just need to craic on”

Peoples kids never met their grandparents due to the first lockdown and you are bemoaning a £16 LFT to go abroad on holiday? Really? And the teremity to ask someone whose positive to actually isolate for a few days.

Is this whats enraged people to demand we “CRAIC ON”? Goodness me.
Err hang on, I have not the temerity to bemoan anything.

You asked what people meant by CRACK on and I answered you. So you can cut out the insults.

Theres always going to be a potential for aggro with travel imo unless you book stuff last minute. I’ve been ••••ed about on this basis no end at the back end of 2021 with the changing of testing requirements. Its a pain in the arse and pocket.

Again, it seems many who have had it and recovered now have their toys out the pram because they want to indulge and arent resilient enough to cope with change or not being able to have their own way.

Or a package holiday.

When I went to Italy last year the flight was only £20 return so wasn't bothered about losing that. a £500 flight to the Caribbean was a different matter! I was also due to stay in Toronto overnight on the way out to complicate things a bit more. Easy independent multi-country travelling gonna be a long way off.

The thread was only started so he can harangue people who want to live a normal life again.
Ive asked what you mean CRAIC ON and barely anyone can explain!?

Although Frijj and Hellvelyn made good and reasoned efforts. It’s as vacuous a statement as you’ll get. Seemingly typically uttered by selfish spoilt brats who think the world owes them something.
Err hang on, I have not the temerity to bemoan anything.

You asked what people meant by CRACK on and I answered you. So you can cut out the insults.
I do get you in some ways Hull Mackem. I explained travel abroad is a ballache and I know that first hand but ultimately if its a few forms and a £16 test is it really worth chucking the toys out the pram over?

Last edited:
Ive asked what you mean CRAIC ON and barely anyone can explain!?

Although Frijj and Hellvelyn made good and reasoned efforts. It’s as vacuous a statement as you’ll get. Seemingly typically uttered by selfish spoilt brats who think the world owes them something.
Why are these people selfish or spoiled because they want to crack on? That is exactly what is happening next week. There is no need not to crack on.
What alternative to cracking on do you propose?

Easy independent multi-country travelling gonna be a long way off.

That's what crossed my mind. On my last holiday abroad, we visited Croatia with day trips to Slovenia and Italy. That would have been a right faff on checking entry requirements for three different countries and booking the required tests etc.

Why are these people selfish or spoiled because they want to crack on? That is exactly what is happening next week. There is no need not to crack on.
What alternative to cracking on do you propose?
Ive asked you numerous times what it means and you can’t explain :lol: i’m “craicing on” if that means just getting on with life but i’m not making vacuous throwaway clichès that I cant explain?

Ive asked you numerous times what it means and you can’t explain :lol: i’m “craicing on” if that means just getting on with life but i’m not making vacuous throwaway clichès that I cant explain?
I stated exactly what cracking on meant. Living like we did before the pandemic. What did you complain about in 2019 before the pandemic gave you a great reason to broadcast your loathing of people? Crack on with that.

Ireland to drop nearly all restrictions next week too, and they've probably had the strictest lockdown in Europe.
Haway the Omicron
Never having to wear a mask again.
Never being asked for any Covid passport etc.
Just needing a passport to travel.
No-one ever being asked if they're vaccinated or not.

Last edited:
Never having to wear a mask again.
Never being asked for any Covid passport etc.
Just needing a passport to travel.
No-one ever being asked if they're vaccinated or not.
Ah Diddums. Bless you, If these four elements are as tough as the pandemic has got for you and is causing you to demand we CRAIC ON, and “LiVe LyF” i’d suggest you’ve had it a lot easier than me and many.
I stated exactly what cracking on meant. Living like we did before the pandemic. What did you complain about in 2019 before the pandemic gave you a great reason to broadcast your loathing of people? Crack on with that.
The pandemic has superbly highlighted what a nation of whoppers and indulgent self obsessed hedonists we have, yeah. Agree.

Last edited:
Ah Diddums. Bless you, If these four elements are as tough as the pandemic has got for you and is causing you to demand we CRAIC ON, and “LiVe LyF” i’d suggest you’ve had it a lot easier than me and many.
The end of the pandemic/lockdown is good news mate not bad news :lol: you seem very angry at it, do you own a PPE company or something?
I'm not 'demanding' anything, I've been 'cracking on' since last Summer and enjoying life.
You asked for examples of what normal life was before lockdown and I gave you 4 examples.

In fairness, people have answered what is meant in a variety of ways and you have just responded to them insulting them.

It's ok to disagree, but you just turn rude and then also claim no one has answered your questions. You need to take a good look at your attitude here mate.
I havent insulted anyone really. There have been good reasoned replies.

Other people were stumped for answers.

Some of the rest was just purile insignificant things that shows what little resilience many people have and how selfish they are.
350 dead yesterday, everything is fine now though. This isn’t a politically motivated move at all, definitely not.

Before anyone starts I’m not advocating full lockdown or anything, but just chucking away all measures in mid winter is barmy.
We all know what thats about. Everyone knows. And it’s probably going to make for a very bumpy few months but nevermind. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Probably the same people who despite being told over and over again thst it’s not one and done when you get it and that you can catch it multiple times are shocked when they find out the hard way.

Likely the same people who think vaccines are a cure that stop you catching COVID despite the countless efforts to tell people it doesn’t it just helps to try and stop you from dying.

On your vaccine point, we were told countless times by politicians and medical professionals that the vaccines were the way out of this, that is obviously not true.

I am not an anti vaxxer and have had two jabs, getting the booster shortly.

I don’t think it is unreasonable for people to be a little bit frustrated when 84% of the population are double jabbed and a big number are triple jabbed.

Back