“The fans drove us on”

hard to criticise him with the transfer budget, ‘keepers and squad in general at his disposal after Grabban’s departure. Dunno why he persisted with Fletcher so long like. That’d be one thing I’d throw at him but if he’s our best outlet to lump the ball up to to hold it up then again, you can kind of see where he’s coming from and it’s difficult to criticise him. Bloke’s been dealt the shittest of shite hands.
Could be part of the loan deal that if available Fletcher must play

Could be part of the loan deal that if available Fletcher must play
If that's true then who-ever signed off on that deal shouldn't be anywhere near a football club. Whilst Coleman was undoubtedly given not much to work with in terms of transfer budget, his tactics, team selection and substitutions beggar belief. Mind his hoof it and hope caveman football should be better suited to the 3rd tier. Personally I'd have binned Bain, Coleman, Camp and the rest of the half hearted knackers that have sucked the life out of and blighted this club for far too long. Good luck to any new owner trying to sort the clusterfuck that is SAFC.

He's good at talking the talk but talk is cheap and the bigger picture is that the team has under performed almost all season and even in the past 3 games when we've got ourselves into winning positions we've blown it every time.

Those 6 points chucked away in the last 3 games would have had us in a decent position.

They played well today. They’ve played well for the last few games. They always play well when McNair plays and so does Cattermole.

He has thrown games away with tactic and subs.
He has constantly picked the wrong team.
He has chopped and changed and even today he doesn’t know his best team.
His record speaks for itself.

Who else could we have got that would have been better? Coleman came as he remembers what safc were- yeah he has made mistakes christ havent we all

We have but we don’t get paid like he does or our decisions don’t affect thousands of people.

Christ. You might as well save yourself some misery mate and tune in when we are coming back in 3 or 4 yrs as there is much more pain to come that no manager with no money can fix

Big Sam seemed to do OK...

Moyes was a problem and well documented- the BSA scenario was typical SAFC luck- we get the right man and leaves for England for one game- that period when he was being considered set us up for relegation - the FA got away with murder there

Last edited:
Christ. You might as well save yourself some misery mate and tune in when we are coming back in 3 or 4 yrs as there is much more pain to come that no manager with no money can fix

Moyes was a problem and well documented- the BSA scenario was typical SAFC luck- we get the right man and leaves for England for one game- that period when he was being considered set us up for relegation - the FA got away with murder there

I don’t agree.
Bolton were in a much worse position this season and took 4 points off us.
I’ll be here through it all just like the last time.
Blackpool away was amazing and I went on my scooter.

I don’t agree.
Bolton were in a much worse position this season and took 4 points off us.
I’ll be here through it all just like the last time.
Blackpool away was amazing and I went on my scooter.

I am looking forward to a season where we compete - being in a league below is irrelevant - in fact I couldn't face being in the premier right now. SAFC have carried a hangover longer than Bolton and we have serious debt with contractural issues and players on loan that don't want to return - Borini, Kazhri etc.

Bolton just had to focus on the game. Had it not been for having no money - Coleman would have got us out of this - he has a team spirit - but you can do nothing with Camp - a man who can't even dive - that goal yesterday man. And the other 2 are as bad. Prey for a takeover even if it is small time. I want our pride back.

it's an absolute miracle that he managed to persuade anyone to sign

Where's this bollocks suddenly coming from? We're Sunderland, one of the biggest sides in the Championship in case you've forgotten. Why would it be an 'absolute miracle' that a couple of players good enough for the bottom end of the Championship might sign for us? Plenty of the other clubs above us don't have a pot to piss in either.

One of the biggest charges against him in my mind was that he was a centre-back. Kone/O’Shea/Wilson aren’t the worst centre-backs in this league yet EVERY corner and most crosses are like band grenades going off in the box. It’s his job to organise the team to defend these positions yet our goals against column is the 2nd worst in the league.

Allardyce managed it with similar players at his disposal against considerably better opposition - if anything under Coleman the defence has become worse.

Last edited:
He has a terrible record i'm afraid. Hasnt been able to turn it around at all and there now have to be serious doubts as to whether he is the man for our future campaigns. If we start off badly next year in division 3 then the pressure will mount for him to go. My big fear is that having been an international manager before he came here he wont have a scooby about the lower leagues and who to sign.

I wonder if John O’Shea would take the job? Imagine O'Shea having to take the blame for these shitbags...maybe the players would actually play for something then?

Back